Nate Stanley Definitely Back in '19

Haven't seen that movie in a while but absolutely. The worst thing a quarterback or baseball pitcher can do is tense up and start aiming the ball. You have to cut it loose and trust your ability.
Reading defenses in a split second and trusting your ability to throw the ball. There's a good reason why there are so few franchise QBs in the NFL. Or on the face of the planet, for that matter. Watching Mahomes throw the football this year, is mesmerizing.
xSILIty.gif

I'm sure everyone is absolutely shocked by this. Clearly Nate is overestimating his abilities if he had to ask KF and KOK whether or not he should get an evaluation. I'd think he would know he isn't NFL material. He is the equivalent of a pitcher that throws 99 mph, but has absolutely no idea where the ball is going.

giphy.gif

I'd be embarrassed going through life thinking late 2nd round picks are a high draft pick. Did you get picked last all the time as a child or something?

Rounds 1 and 2 are considered high picks in the 7 round scheme of things.

Then there is a designation of a high first round pick.

Neither of you is wrong you are just arguing semantics from a different starting point.

Reading defenses in a split second and trusting your ability to throw the ball. There's a good reason why there are so few franchise QBs in the NFL. Or on the face of the planet, for that matter. Watching Mahomes throw the football this year, is mesmerizing.
xSILIty.gif

It's amazing what some of the NFL QBs can do.

xSILIty.gif

They call him the magic man for a reason.

Rounds 1 and 2 are considered high picks in the 7 round scheme of things.

Then there is a designation of a high first round pick.

Neither of you is wrong you are just arguing semantics from a different starting point.
Thank you! Nowhere was there any mention of being on a per round basis. High 1st round pick = 1-10. No argument there. High draft pick = picks 1-64. Or first 2 rounds.

Bob Sanders was not a top college football player? Bob Sanders was not a top NFL Safety? Whatever you say, dimwit. Lol.
2X 1st team NFL All Pro
2X Pro Bowl Selection
NFL Defensive Player of the year.
SuperBowl champion.
Yep.......that 44th place finish SUCKS!!!
You can't make this stuff up.

To kind of add to the discussion, Tom Brady. He was not a 1st or 2nd team all Big 10 selection in his junior or senior seasons. He was the 200th selection in the 1999 draft, taken behind several QBs that year.

It's not so much where you get drafted or even if you get drafted at all (as Kurt Warner proved). It's what you do with your playing time when you get the chance.

To kind of add to the discussion, Tom Brady. He was not a 1st or 2nd team all Big 10 selection in his junior or senior seasons. He was the 200th selection in the 1999 draft, taken behind several QBs that year.

It's not so much where you get drafted or even if you get drafted at all (as Kurt Warner proved). It's what you do with your playing time when you get the chance.

Its still based on ability. Neither one of thrm had sny serious weaknesses other than lost in the shuffle. Nate isnt going to be magical.

He is under performing but yhat isn't on him.

Wasn't Brady 2000? The only reason I say that is because Iowa's Matt Bowen was famously drafted either one spot ahead of him or one spot behind him. I remember Brady at Michigan burning Bowen at Kinnick to Mercury Hayes or someone but don't remember what year that was. I think Bowen did play at least one year for Ferentz.

Not everyone's mind works the same way. Sports is not something you can perfect. The one's that accomplish the most apply themselves towards the pursuit of perfection. But they don't get paralyzed with the need to BE perfect. If that makes sense? You have to have a short memory in the heat of competition. Some players handle this fine until they reach a certain level of pressure. Everyone has a point where the amount of pressure exceeds their ability to perform the same. I'm talking about the mental game.
If I give you a baseball and ask you to throw a strike at a batters box on the gym wall, you could do it. If I give you the ball and ask you to bet $1000 on your ability to throw a strike, you might be able to do it. If I ask you to bet $100,000 on the throw, you can't do it. What's changed? Not the ball, the distance or the size of the target. The pressure.
Now replace the bet of money with the size of the crowd. Throwing a strike with nobody in the gym vs throwing a strike with 70,000 people watching is another thing entirely. 70,000 people that might boo you if you can't throw that strike.

I played college baseball. I get get the athlete side. And the pressure side. I never used the word perfect once.

The point goes beyond “not everyone thinks that way” before launching into performance under pressure and perfection. If you want to be the best, better, marginally improved or just good enough to keep your job... whatever your individual aspirations may be, a big part of setting yourself up for success is being willing to understand or validate where you’re good but also what can improve within your control. One of the best places to get that is from industry experts.

OK, OK- how's about NS's year by year and accumulated QB rating stats, someone? We know stats don't tell the whole story, but theu do tell A story.

I played college baseball. I get get the athlete side. And the pressure side. I never used the word perfect once.

The point goes beyond “not everyone thinks that way” before launching into performance under pressure and perfection. If you want to be the best, better, marginally improved or just good enough to keep your job... whatever your individual aspirations may be, a big part of setting yourself up for success is being willing to understand or validate where you’re good but also what can improve within your control. One of the best places to get that is from industry experts.
Oh, you'll get no argument from me on that. Absolutely. He absolutely SHOULD get the evaluation. I don't believe it was all his idea to pass on that opportunity.
Every athlete competes for their own reasons/goals. In my opinion, if a college QB wants to play in the NFL, they have to practice and prepare like they are trying to perfect their craft. Perfect it. Getting as much input from industry experts is a big part of that process. He won't have that opportunity again.

xSILIty.gif

That dude is fun to watch.