Nate Skonieczny

CRlightweight

He's going to wrestle in the Dream Team Classic. Could wrestle Meeks. That'll be a great match if they're at the same weight. I'd lean Meeks right now, but i hope we get to see it.

He's going to wrestle in the Dream Team Classic. Could wrestle Meeks. That'll be a great match if they're at the same weight. I'd lean Meeks right now, but i hope we get to see it.

That would be a great match. Can't wait to see match ups at the remaining weight classes.
Do you know the date of the Dream Team Classic? Thanks for the update.

I'm pumped to have Nate in the room next year! YouTube him and watch his dominance. Reminds me of a Brands. I'd much rather have Skonieczny than Meeks. Yes it sounds odd bc Meeks is a 4xer but Nate is just agressive and fits our system better!

What a great three days of wrestling to look forward to in April. Does anyone know if the dream team classic will likely be a sell out? Are they selling tickets in advance anywhere?

what a great weekend in iowa city i'll be at all events!! going to try to put together a hawkeyenation get together friday or saturday

AGREED. He is a 2x Ironman champion, which to me outranks a 4x state champion anyday.

Maybe, but undefeated 4x'ers from iowa are usually pretty special. the last two were McGinnis and Jeurgens. Both won two national titles. So i'd put 4x undefeated above 2x Ironman for sure.

Maybe, but undefeated 4x'ers from iowa are usually pretty special. the last two were McGinnis and Jeurgens. Both won two national titles. So i'd put 4x undefeated above 2x Ironman for sure.

Agreed. If Meeks was going to Iowa, I think people's opinion would be different.

I'll take Nate over Meeks any day. The reason - because he's the guy Brands wanted. He's a friggin' beast and i'll be surprised if he's not our 149 pounder next year.

Haven't there been a couple Reiters, a Borschel, and a Leclere since then?

edit: duh, missed the undefeated part.

I'll take Nate over Meeks any day. The reason - because he's the guy Brands wanted. He's a friggin' beast and i'll be surprised if he's not our 149 pounder next year.

But don't forget, Brands wanted Meeks too. Just not at the scholarship price they were asking.

He is wrestling 138 this year, and you are going to throw him as a true freshman onto the mat at a weight class 11 pounds heavier at the collegiate level? Welcome to the big leagues I guess......

He is wrestling 138 this year, and you are going to throw him as a true freshman onto the mat at a weight class 11 pounds heavier at the collegiate level? Welcome to the big leagues I guess......

Yeah 149 might be too big of a jump for him next year. He may pose a serious challenge at 141 though but I don't see Brands pulling his redshirt with studs like Dziewa, Ballweg(s) and Trizzino as options unless he's head and shoulders above the competition. Anyone know if Dziewa is planning to bulk up and challenge for 149 next year or try to beat out Mark Ballweg for 141?

I just don't think Meeks would have been a undefeated four timer if he had gone to the ironman, it's very hard to survive the toughest tournament in the nation let alone win it twice. 2x ironman champions are also somewhat special (Mark Perry, Kellen Russell, Steve Luke, Lance Palmer to name a few) and I just think winning the ironman tournament carries alot more weight than an Iowa (or any other state) title.

I just don't think Meeks would have been a undefeated four timer if he had gone to the ironman, it's very hard to survive the toughest tournament in the nation let alone win it twice. 2x ironman champions are also somewhat special (Mark Perry, Kellen Russell, Steve Luke, Lance Palmer to name a few) and I just think winning the ironman tournament carries alot more weight than an Iowa (or any other state) title.

yeah i would agree with all that. That tournament is a beast.

You guys seriously think that he's going to come in as a true freshman and be able to beat the likes of Ballweg, Trizzino, Dziewa, Kelly, Grothus, etc...? He will not be in the lineup next year and I personally think it takes a few years before he cracks the lineup.

BTW, I would take Meeks to win the head to head right now.

You guys seriously think that he's going to come in as a true freshman and be able to beat the likes of Ballweg, Trizzino, Dziewa, Kelly, Grothus, etc...? He will not be in the lineup next year and I personally think it takes a few years before he cracks the lineup.

BTW, I would take Meeks to win the head to head right now.

Why not? If he's as good as advertised he can start anywhere. Freshman start all the time nowadays. Brands has constantly remarked this year that there are no "freshman" in wrestling. Guys are either ready to go or they aren't. He might not be ready but I have the feeling he is.

Latest posts