Nate Skonieczny

I agree... However I think Iowa is going to be amazing the next 3-5 years with horses we have coming in and the studs we already have. Cracking the line up for anyone in that room will be a tough task! Burak will be a frosh starter at 97 next year but can we really consider him a true frosh?

An honest question: what has Meeks done on a national level in tournaments? I thought someone had said he had been beaten by a couple of Iowa guys but they were in preseason tourneys or something so they didn't count against his record. Brandon Sorenson was one name I heard that beat Meeks.

It seems Skon is very proven on a national level. He has beaten several multiple time state champs from other states. That you tube video of skon vs murphy (3 x NY state champ) was ridiculous...Murphy didn't even want to be on the mat with him.

I guess I'm questioning the caliber of competition each has faced? It seems like skon has really stepped up on a nat'l level where Meeks has tore up in-state competition.

meeks doesn't have the freestyle under his belt but the kid is a flat out stud. meeks beat sorenson this year. I really like meeks. he and skon will be a heck of a match for the next couple years.

also, I really doubt we see any freshman in the lineup next year.

You guys seriously think that he's going to come in as a true freshman and be able to beat the likes of Ballweg, Trizzino, Dziewa, Kelly, Grothus, etc...? He will not be in the lineup next year and I personally think it takes a few years before he cracks the lineup.

BTW, I would take Meeks to win the head to head right now.

Totally agree. Guys just get all excited w/ the potential. he's gonna come in and take his lumps just like they all do. I mean Nate Moore had as much or more hype coming in and he's never going to see the mat.
Same thing with Evans. He was a stud in high school, but still didn't beat out Jansen for 165 last year. Skon will be redshirted.

Latest posts