Name 1 positive thing about the 2012 FB season

the hater have to have somebody to hate. and on defense its Morris,
even thoiugh the kid is 2nd on the team in Tackles, and no they are not 20 yards down feild, if a player gets that far downfield the SS would be the leading tackler on the field, atrue indicator of LB's doing their job. is if they are leading the team in Tackles which this group is and that is good indicator of the DL doing their job of keeping OL men off the LB's.
we have 4 positive to take from this season
1; the OL is going to be a strong point for RB's to run behind, the thing they have to work on is pass protection.

2; theRB position will be deeper with more experienced players. Bullock, Weisman, Canzeri, Rodgers and Garmon, then you add in the players RS'ing this season, Hill, Malloy, Dawson and Canzeri is RS'ing this fall,
Canzeri is listed twice as he was the RB in the OK game and is RS'ing this fall

3; the DL is getting some much needed playing experience

4; there are just 4 starters on the Offense and 3 starters on Defense graduating, that leaves Iowa with 15 returning starters

I was at the game. True the offense sucks. When i looked at the score board and purdue offense marched the ball down field with 500 plus yards offense it made me want to go home. I thought it would be overtime game witch we didnt deserve it. Our defense gave up to many yards and our offense played maybe 4 minutes the whole game. Its sad i dont want a bowl game this year because it would be embarrssing .

--More ignorant posters have been exposed through comments on the boards

--Alleged "issues" with Greg Davis have been confirmed

--There is always the chance Greg Davis will be gone after the Nebraska game

--Basketball season is here

--More ignorant posters have been exposed through comments on the boards

--Alleged "issues" with Greg Davis have been confirmed

--There is always the chance Greg Davis will be gone after the Nebraska game

--Basketball season is here

I don't get the "more ignorant poasters" part, Bob. Explain pls.

I am just getting a little creeped out by redhawk's obsession with player's heights.

Are you really short or something redhawk?

Sshhhhh. Don't tell him lest his heart be broken but Iowa has historically and consistently exaggerated player's heights.

Marvin McNutt was never 6'4" sez the NFL but really 6'2 1/2".

If you really think Austin Blythe is 6'3" I have an OC to sell you.

The biggest positive for me: The only game I attended the ticket was free. Central Michigan. LOL.

Floyd-of-Rosedale.jpg

With people not showing up in my section, I can stretch out a little. :p

Seriously...

1--Getting Floyd back
2--Ummm.....seeing Iowa play in four different uniforms
3--Ummm.....seeing Iowa play at scUM this weekend, thus, completing my Big-10 away stadiums bucket list
4--Ummm.....tailgating with Ron/Marla and a host of others is always fun
5....Iowa gutting out an ugly win @ MSU.

And seriously....that's about all the highlights I can honestly think of.

-I think Scherff is the real deal and if he can come back from injury, another dominating hawkeye

that's all i have

I was able to emotionally detach from the team's season after seeing them live against Northern Illinois. They couldn't move the ball down field against a MAC school, that set the bar for my expectations for the season. It's nice that that was the first game and not in the middle of the season or something, would have made the season a lot more excruciating.

i agree, i detached from them after central michigan. after a loss to lames, then a CMU loss, my hopes were very low

Latest posts