Name 1 positive thing about the 2012 FB season

between Donnall who has beenj listed in the two deeps at LT the last year and a half , besides what wrong with a LT that would be 6'7 300 LBS + and Scherff at 6'5 300 lbs + on the left side, best place for them to protect the QB's blind side
as For RG we have a pair of 4* RSSO to be that are starting or getting valuable playing time

Scherff was dominant at LT you leave him there. Donnal will play G and then move to RT after next yr. Don't count out Simmons for the Center spot. With Scherff at LT 6 yds per rush to left...without him it is like 2 yds.

LT - Scherff
LG - Donnal
C - Blythe or Simmons
RG - Blythe or Walsh
RT - Van Sloten

next season OL
LT RSJR 300 lb+ 6'7 Donnal 4*
LG RSJR 300 lb+ 6'5 Scherff 3*
C ? hopefully RSSO 6'3 275 lb+ Blythe 4*
RG ? hopefully RSSO 6'4 275 lb+ Walsh 4*
RT RSSR 6'7 290 lb+ Van Sloten 3*
and before He got hurt, Blythe was starting at RG so he was doing a better job as the season went along..
the injury set him back. not bto bad looking at 6'7-6'5-6'3-6'4-6'7 across the front

next season OL
LT RSJR 300 lb+ 6'7 Donnal 4*
LG RSJR 300 lb+ 6'5 Scherff 3*
C ? hopefully RSSO 6'3 275 lb+ Blythe 4*
RG ? hopefully RSSO 6'4 275 lb+ Walsh 4*
RT RSSR 6'7 290 lb+ Van Sloten 3*
and before He got hurt, Blythe was starting at RG so he was doing a better job as the season went along..
the injury set him back. not bto bad looking at 6'7-6'5-6'3-6'4-6'7 across the front

What would be the point of moving Scherff from LT (widely known as the position for your best OL)? The guy had been dominating had been the starter all year until injury yet a guy that wasn't even starting until an injury will supplant him as the starter and move him to guard? That is just dumb. I don't care what their stars are, height is, weight is...it is about production and before the injury no one was playing better than Scherff...there is zero chance of him losing the LT spot if he is healthy next year...

LT - Scherff
LG - Donnal
C - Blythe or Simmons
RG - Blythe or Walsh
RT - Van Sloten

I have Blythe starting at 1 of 2 spots and Donnal at Guard where he was doing well and then moving to Tackle the following year when Van Sloten leaves.

against purdue the middle was the weak link
arm reach plays a big part in who plays where
Donnal has a longer arm reach

O-line, Weisman, Bullock...............still need to find and/or develope a QB.

-The Suicide Pool has been fun to administer.
-My college fantasy team made the playoffs.
-Iowa returns a ton of depth the next couple of years.
-Iowa vs. Central Michigan basketball was just Iowa vs. Keno Davis. Now it has the added layer of being a revenge game from the football season. That's always fun.

mike meyers was a bright spot until the goal posts narrowed on him... still think he kicks on sundays.. probably in San Diego or Green Bay

I'd hardly call Morris great. He was benched yesterday for a reason. Now, replace his name with Kirksey and you'll have something.
I don't know how many he times he almost single handedly gave the offense another shot. Against ISU it was him who didn't give up and picked off Steele Jantz at the goal line. In one game which I can't remember in three straight plays he had two tackles for loss and one pass deflection, and that is just a few of the great things he does.

Latest posts