My Top Ten Hawkeye BBALL Players Ever

I don't see how Haluska, Horner, or Brunner could be on a list and not Pierre Pierce. He may have screwed up off the court, but he was the best player on the team and the go-to-guy when he was there. I would put him ahead of the other three.

I don't see how Haluska, Horner, or Brunner could be on a list and not Pierre Pierce. He may have screwed up off the court, but he was the best player on the team and the go-to-guy when he was there. I would put him ahead of the other three.

That is one player I would not have anywhere near my top 10 favorite players. This thread is not about who is the greatest players but your personal favorite. Sure Pierce was a good basketball player but the things he did off the court still have lingering effects on the basketball program.

In Order kinda

1. Kingsbury
2. Eddie Horton
3. Woolridge
4. Settles
5. BJ
6. Bowen
7. Millard
8. Street
9. Brody Boyd
10. Acie Earl
10a. James Moses

And without giving the ball to someone else, you can't get assists. Ball hog and playmaker aren't exactly compatible styles.

Allen Iverson career stats:

APG PPG
6.2 26.7

Best season 7.9 APG and 30.7 PPG. His career assist totals also put him in the top 50-100 of all time.

Allen Iverson career stats:

APG PPG
6.2 26.7

Best season 7.9 APG and 30.7 PPG. His career assist totals also put him in the top 50-100 of all time.

And AI was working with what, exactly? Philly never had anything on that roster besides Iverson, at least when he was in his prime. He carried that team to the Finals because he had to. By the time they started putting better pieces around him, he wasn't the same player anymore.

And AI was working with what, exactly? Philly never had anything on that roster besides Iverson, at least when he was in his prime. He carried that team to the Finals because he had to. By the time they started putting better pieces around him, he wasn't the same player anymore.

That wasn't any kind of post about Iverson's career. I was just pointing out that just the mere fact of having the ball in your hands an inordinate amount of time compared to everyone else is generally going to cause your stats to increase.

1. John Johnson
2. Ronnie Lester
3. Kevin Gamble
4. Andre Woolridge
5. Fred Brown
6. B.J. Armstrong
7. Bruce "Sky" King
8. Roy Marble
9. Bobby Hanson
10. Val Barnes

Honorable mention to the late Chris Street

I included a mention of Ricky Davis, but didn't "include" him on my list. He hasn't been the best representative of Hawkeye basketball, but had he played 4 years he would have put up numbers that were off the charts.

I was too young to remember him playing, I've heard there is an interview with him in which he denies ever attending Iowa but have never been able to find it... Was his term at Iowa that sour???

Do you really believe the crap that you spew out on these boards? Or do you just like to be "cool" and "edgy" by having an opinion that differs from others? Seriously, I don't get some people. Woolridge overrated? If you want to believe that then go right ahead being wrong. I'd put you as my number 1 overrated poster on the internet

Andre Woolridge would make my top ten of all time over rated players

Andre Woolridge would make my top ten of all time over rated players

WOW. That is ridiculous. Woolridge single handely got the hawks into the tourney and was a tremendous player during his time at Iowa. He did not have that much talent around him and made everyone better.
He led the big Ten in Scoring and in assists one year! Not many can make claim to that. He was very fun to watch and I remember many games where he put the team on his back and led them to victory. You sir may be the only person I have ever heard of that thinks Andre is overated.

Tough question. I'll try mine in no real order started watching late 80s early 90s. This list is more my favorites then best of all time.

Street
Kingsbury
Bruner
Acie Earl
Monter Glasper (don't ask me why)
Doug Thomas
Russ Millard
James Winters
Woolridge
Reggie Evans

Also like Jacob Jaacks, Kent MacCausland, Wade Lookingbill, and Kyle Galloway.

And I would like to agree with the crowd, Andre Woolridge was not over rated.