My Questions From Today's Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any and all of us "could" get caught in a racial trick bag. Look at Drew Brees. Yes, the timing was wrong, but he should have the right to benignly say the flag means something to me. Jargon gets thrown around. Innuendo, trying to be funny, relatable. Sometimes in poor taste. Lets wreck America though. Or, find reasonable ways to fix the problem work towards a better America and stop witch hunting. The person who started this is on the surface, two-faced at BEST when you look at his Hawkeye Nation exit thank you letter. Hypocrisy knows no boundaries.

I will not make further speculation, but I was personally disappointed in Kirk’s responses to Rob’s questions. I felt he largely dodged the questions and tried to redirect toward what needs to be done. Been a Hawkeye my entire life and this is crushing. If it plays out/ends like I think this eventually will, I’m out until the staff turns over. I’m just beyond disappointed right now.

Still not one response from any one press member (who have all been covering Iowa football for about a billion years each) about what they knew and when they knew it. If this racism is so apparently pervasive, I don't believe for a second that our "brave firefighters" didn't know a thing about it for all of these years.

'I don't recall'

That's probably not going to go over very well.

Especially since Kirk is good for recalling about 1 bland recruiting/coaching story from the early 1980s in each of his press conferences.

Yet he doesn't recall if a comment so shockingly insensitive that 100% of public employees saying the same thing would be fired.

I remember when Pat Tillman was killed by his own troops and an investigation went underway. They called in several GENERALS who under questioning suddenly couldn’t recall certain facts and events surrounding Pat’s death.

I have known several ranking military officers and know how extremely sharp their minds are. To watch the repeated “I can’t recall” coming out of these General’s mouths I felt nothing but disgust for these men.

It’s painful to hear these words come out of Kirk’s mouth. He did say comments may have happened over time later on in the interview but he just couldn’t remember a specific example.

If the events went down the way the former Iowa player says it did there is no way Kirk would not remember that event and that conversation.

Having said that it needs to be pointed out that in this country men are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty (unless your black). However just to be on the safe side I am promoting the captain to GENERAL status.

I would hope 200% you are right Huck. And that would be the unfortunate thing for Doyle. If it was any other time (not saying this is a good thing because of the racial stereotypes of his statements) but nothing would be said about Doyle if he was teasing them,etc....not necessarily hating them because they are black. And, I would pray to the high heavens that Kirk would not be capable of such a thing. I think he can certainly have his coaching xs and os imperfections, but by in large, this seems to be a man of great integrity. A genuine caring man. It would break a lot of hearts if he covered up (or maybe even a better way to describe it...enabled an environment like that) something like this. I'm giving Kirk Ferentz the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I think he has more than earned it.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts