My goodness, enough of this "we gifted them a win" nonsense

GotTimDodge

Ask yourself this:
Had Iowa won the exact same way, same everything, just swap teams, would you be sitting there saying "Boy, good thing Wisc gifted us that one, because they were clearly the better team"?
Haha like hell you would.
You would be lauding Iowa making plays when it counted, and that's what the better teams do.

Hopefully we can win out and Wisc drops a few.
I'd hate to disappoint OSU in Indy and their plans to return the favor from last year.

If Iowa had hung on to beat PSU last year, that would have been a gift from PSU. Unfortunately PSU gave Iowa a gift and then they took it back.

Ask yourself this:
Had Iowa won the exact same way, same everything, just swap teams, would you be sitting there saying "Boy, good thing Wisc gifted us that one, because they were clearly the better team"?
You would be lauding Iowa making plays when it counted, and that's what the better teams do.

I'd hate to disappoint OSU in Indy and their plans to return the favor from last year.

If we would have beat Penn State last year, it would have been a gift. They were considerably better than us on that night.

Wisconsin didn't "make a play" on the fumbled punt return or the punt return where we touched the live ball though. Those were both literally 100% Iowa's f-ups.

And I’ll add, 100% the reason Iowa lost. So, the real question is, If I was a Wisconsin fan, am I saying, Thanx for the gifts, Iowa? The answer is, YES!! Especially the way Wisc was helping Iowa with multiple holding and P-I penalties.

So stupid. Iowa has gotten plenty of gifts and most people are quick to recognize it. Hell, the 2015 Wisconsin game was a gift. OSU last year was a gift.

They had 8 penalties to our 1 so they played a lot more sloppy in that regard.

Overall, I think these teams would go 6-4 or 5-5 if they played 10 times.

I really do think we’re just as good as them but our mistakes were just bigger than ours on Saturday and it was the difference.

Ask yourself this:

B.S. 2 unforced turnovers of the DUMB variety was the reason Iowa lost. Simple as that. I was at the game and those two plays completely changed Big Mo along with going for it on 4 and almost 2 instead of taking the early lead. Plus a big assist to Brian for chucking the ball up in the air on 2 and 5 in the fouth where the OL was kicking the a%& of the Whiskey defense.

B.S. 2 unforced turnovers of the DUMB variety was the reason Iowa lost. Simple as that. I was at the game and those two plays completely changed Big Mo along with going for it on 4 and almost 2 instead of taking the early lead. Plus a big assist to Brian for chucking the ball up in the air on 2 and 5 in the fouth where the OL was kicking the a%& of the Whiskey defense.
Do we have a suitable RB screen and personnel to execute it that we could have called on 3rd and 5 with like 5:50 to go? You know they're sending the house, so why the hell did we try to throw it 15 yards down the field there?

They had 8 penalties to our 1 so they played a lot more sloppy in that regard.

Overall, I think these teams would go 6-4 or 5-5 if they played 10 times.

I really do think we’re just as good as them but our mistakes were just bigger than ours on Saturday and it was the difference.
I disagree. I think if we play that game 10x with Van Ginkel out, Iowa wins at least 7, probably 8 of them. That is a very average Wisconsin team and I'm sure Ferentz was on the refs ass which helped us get some of those holding calls. Of course, they'll get away with their bullshit holding pretty much every week and the dumbasses who do NFL drafting will be all like "Oh man, this [insert this year's version of Gabe Carimi] kid is a beast" and then when he gets to the NFL and can't hold he will suck ass.

B.S. 2 unforced turnovers of the DUMB variety was the reason Iowa lost. Simple as that.

Ah, I see.
Of course Wisc stopping Iowa when down 17-14, then marching down the field to take the lead, then stopping Iowa again had absolutely nothing to do with it, right?

Ah, I see.
Of course Wisc stopping Iowa when down 17-14, then marching down the field to take the lead, then stopping Iowa again had absolutely nothing to do with it, right?
I addressed that with the stupid 2 and 5 call by BF after we were slicing up the Whiskey D with the run game. But clearly the 7 points by the boffed punt return was the "gift" of the game. That play turned the whole game around as well as the punt return fumble. And Whisky actually stopped Iowa twice in the 4th down 17 to 14. I was ok with the first play call with 11 minutes to go with the deep throw, as it was a calculated risk, the pass with 8 minutes to go was a bad call. You run until you get stopped and burn clock.

Last edited:
Maybe one of the reasons that Iowa might be the inferior team is they have the player / special teams unpreparedness / etc. to put themselves in a position to actually make such a blunder in the first place?

If we would have beat Penn State last year, it would have been a gift. They were considerably better than us on that night.
Do you remember how close and unlikely Penn State's pass was ? It was a miracle throw and catch. Iowa had the game won. Whiskey made all the right plays on their drive and just executed better than Iowa. Whiskey still had time on the clock and only needed a field goal to tie it up.

Maybe one of the reasons that Iowa might be the inferior team is they have the player / special teams unpreparedness / etc. to put themselves in a position to actually make such a blunder in the first place?
Thanks for making my point, Iowa's special team "gifted' the game to Whiskey!

No, Iowa didn't gift anything to the opponent. Wisconsin is simply a more disciplined and better team than Iowa. Pretty simple when you look at it.

Latest posts