My Cy-Hawk Game Preview & Prediction

This is one of those opportunity games. If Iowa goes out there and spanks little brother with everyone's eyes on the game -- this year could be a very special one. Something feels different this year about this rivalry. It actually feels like a rivalry this year. Clown fans think they have this one in the bag. I hope their team runs into a buzzsaw Saturday.

I really think the pressure lies more so on Purdy in this game. He’s good but he’s young and he knows Clone fans are looking for him to win this game.
Believe it or not, I also think this will be a breakout game for our D backs to shine!
Yes they are thin and banged up, but I can see Iowa picking off Purdy 2-3 times in this game, as he puts up 40+ attempts and tries to force passes he shouldn’t.

My two cents worth that will get ‘cha a penny back:
Iowa 31, ISU 23
:

Over the past few seasons we have seen Hawk receivers wide open and Nate just lay an egg and over throw them by 10 yards. I think I can recall at least 5 plays of this nature that would have been a clear score. Saturday Nate has to make those throws and we win. If he misses guys for touchdowns that might be all it takes for the Clowns to sneak past us. Go Hawks!

Even with Iowa being banged up I don’t see state scoring more than 14. That offense just does not look good. Iowa’s defense is a whole other world compared to the scrubs Purdy played last year in the big 12.

34-14 Iowa.
24-23 Iowa if the hawks turn the ball over.

Over the past few seasons we have seen Hawk receivers wide open and Nate just lay an egg and over throw them by 10 yards. I think I can recall at least 5 plays of this nature that would have been a clear score. Saturday Nate has to make those throws and we win. If he misses guys for touchdowns that might be all it takes for the Clowns to sneak past us. Go Hawks!
Dumb post, but thanks for trying.

Rob Howe: PREDICTION: Iowa State 20, IOWA 17

Chris Williams: PREDICTION: Iowa State 20, IOWA 17

Chad Leistikow: PREDICTION: Iowa State 20, IOWA 17

Maybe they ARE all the same person!

Randy Peterson has Iowa 24-20, though, so he's one of a kind...

Stanley first long pass against Rutgers was on the money. He actually hit the receiver in stride. The other two long passes were off the mark. If the vertical game is working and we pass at least 33% on first downs the running game opens up. My concern is that we play too conservatively - run between the tackles on 1st and 2nd and throw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and long. If past is prologue, we play not to lose and we do.

Latest posts