My 2011 College Football Preview

MICH has no defense. The LBs cant cover anyone and they arent very physical. The same thing can be said for the DBs. Hoke will not hesitate to play true FR, over some of last season's starters and there will be some growing pains.
Not to mention that their schedule is not an easy one.
ND
NEB
OSU at home
NW
IOWA
MSU
ILL on the road.
I see 4 losses here and maybe 5 if they dont get the turnovers and penalties straightened out. It could be 6 losses if DR gets injured again.

Ok, here's my response to Steve's college football preview..."Steve, you're a d-bag because you're not a Hawkeye fan and because you're not right about every prediction you've ever made and because I don't agree with your politics and/or religious beliefs...and screw you again cuz I read the entire thing just so I could b!tch about it...jerk wad! U ScuM, Meatchicken and your school copied Princeton's helmets"...:D

Deace is definitely thorough ... Never easy to predict how any season will play out, but it is always fun to read about it ...

Not sure if he'd be the longest tenured, but he'd be tied with Stoops

7. Frank Beamer will retire at Virginia Tech, and the school will appoint heralded defensive coordinator Bud Foster his successor.

Does this make Ferentz the longest acting BCS headcoach next year, assuming Joe Pa leaves as well?

When you make a lot of predictions, you will have your share of misses.

Is section136 the militant weekly Deace math checker that is borderline obsessed and I question the kind of life he leads? Or is that someone else.

Or if you make a lot of predictions you are bound to stumble upon a few you get right. :D

I find it somewhat odd that you question the way people lead their lives just based off of posts on an anonymous message board. Slow time of year I guess.

I love reading Steve's stuff and listening to his opinions on sports. He is flat-out wrong on lots of things, always overrates Michigan and ND, etc, but he is certainly entertaining, and that's all that really matters in the end.

Haters gonna hate.jpg

Edit: Also have to give the author props for sticking it to Iowa State. 3-9 from an ISU homer is just BRUTAL.

The only value of these types of predictions is that it gives people something to talk about before the football season. In this particular case it has the added benefit of keeping Steven out of trouble while he is typing it. Comparing this year with last year's predictions it's interesting that Steven has Paterno retiring this year (I hope so), but last year he said he would not retire. Paterno will not retire if his health is good and he is apparently in much better shape this year than last.

Great writeup, however, I can't understand how you can call Rex Burkhead one of the top 5 most overrated players.

The guy had 950 yards rushing and 5.5 ypc last year as a backup. While he may not be an All-American or a 1A feature back, he is a solid player, he can do pretty much everything well, and he will likely be a second or third team all Big 10 type of back, barring injuries.

why is everyone high on michigan. I don't get it.

There's plenty of reason for optimism there. I don't personally buy it but i can see why people are excited by them.

And most people aren't high on Michigan. See my post about Michigan under 7 wins being one of the most heavily wagered bets thus far.

I do agree with one thing for sure and that is the fact that KXNO sports radio is crap now that Jon and Deace are off the air. I would do just about anything to get them back on. Please dear Lord, hear my prayer.

Seems like he did everything possible to include Nebraska in his road trip segment, but the game i am looking forward to most (aside from Iowa) is when OSU goes to Nebraska. I agree Florida LSU is a great game, but this year i go to Lincoln for Nebraska's first Big Ten home game (in primetime) versus an OSU team that has taken a beating the last 6 months.

That Nebraska Wisconsin game will be awesome also...

There are going to be a lot of eyes on Nebraska games this year. I, for one, will tune in to when I can & I sure hope they take some losses to knock them down a notch or two. I think they are going to have a wake-up call going against pretty damn good defenses on a week-to-week basis. It will be interesting to see if they can keep their composure with the rugged play of the BIG.

I always thought that people who lived their lives by Gods laws, had no need to fear him.

Sometimes God will test the faithful ala Job. In Duffman's case God sent him a gigantic mumu-wearing neighbor from hell. How does DF handle such adversity? Check out his location listed under his avatar. He takes the maxim about life handing you lemons/make lemonade to the edge of depravity.

Latest posts