Music Thread

Going to have to self promote a little, sorry guys:

And a teaser for the cd we just released

And lastly these guys are awesome, put on a fun show

Thank you guys for doing this, so much better lurking than the negativity of the football and basketball season :)

Was anyone following Jon Miller's twitter feed when he asked for music recommendations like "best debut album" or something and all the replies he responded to were fossilized dinosaur rock bands that I had to look up on wikipedia to figure out who they were?

Was anyone following Jon Miller's twitter feed when he asked for music recommendations like "best debut album" or something and all the replies he responded to were fossilized dinosaur rock bands that I had to look up on wikipedia to figure out who they were?

before you know it you'll be in your 50's.

I would rather listen to something I know is good than listen to something I don't like. Example, this song is 40 years old, and I would listen to this any time over country music. :)

Having the Diceman sing backup vocals is a bold move

Going to have to self promote a little, sorry guys:

And a teaser for the cd we just released

And lastly these guys are awesome, put on a fun show

Thank you guys for doing this, so much better lurking than the negativity of the football and basketball season :)
Those were fun.

Enjoying the thread.

I'm a huge music person. It no doubt shows my age, but in my mind the golden era for music is '67 - '83, and that applies to almost any genre, IMO.

I am particular fond of the classic rock/blues fusion groups, as well as the southern rock bands of the era. It genuinely saddens me when I think about the era of the great rock guitarist coming to an end. We've lost Hendricks and Stevie Ray (arguably the two greatest ever), as well as Randy Rhoads, Alvin Lee, Duane Allman, and more. Other greats will soon move on as well, including Clapton, Page, Joe Perry, Van Halen, Angus Young and Lindsay Buckingham. It will be a sad, sad end to an amazing era.

Last edited:
The greatest female singer of all time!

rolling_stone_jan29_2015.jpg