Music Thread

I have fortunately crossed off a great deal of items on my bucket list during my six decades on this planet.
Unfortunately, I never saw TP in concert. Boy oh boy, what a loss. Still can't believe it.
He sounds as good/better now as when all his music first came out. Not unlike Steve Miller.

I have fortunately crossed off a great deal of items on my bucket list during my six decades on this planet.
Unfortunately, I never saw TP in concert. Boy oh boy, what a loss. Still can't believe it.
He sounds as good/better now as when all his music first came out. Not unlike Steve Miller.
When he played in CHA in 1989 or 1990 (which I foolishly didn't see) he had already been around for fifteen years and had never been to Iowa City, and must of announced on stage thst he hadn't been anywhere in Iowa very much. And this was a recording artist who had been a major star for over a decade by then.

Anyway who ever worte the review for the Daily Iowan, while pointing out that it was "as good a show as you could want", made that the major angle of his review for the show. About four times he said or ensued something to the effect of "Tom, please don't be a stranger".

I'd be remiss to not mention Mike Campbell as a kick-ass guitar player. He carried a lot of their tunes.
Interestingly, Dave Krohl was asked to join TP but declined in order to start FF.

I'd be remiss to not mention Mike Campbell as a kick-ass guitar player. He carried a lot of their tunes.
Interestingly, Dave Krohl was asked to join TP but declined in order to start FF.
I think I remember that. They were asking him to be their drummer like he was in Nirvana.

Music is full of examples like that. Ozzy Osbourne approached Michael Schenker after Randy Rhoads perished (what a combo that would have been)

Warner Brothers almost refused to sign Van Halen unless they dumped David Lee Roth. They suggested Sammy Hagar way back in 1977. Eddied refused...for a while.

Sheryl Crow was approached about replacing the retired Christine McVie in Fleetwood Mac. She could easily have pulled that off but respectfully declined.

Nikki Sixx very nearly joined Quiet Riot before he formed Motley Crue.

I think I remember that. They were asking him to be their drummer like he was in Nirvana.

Music is full of examples like that. Ozzy Osbourne approached Michael Schenker after Randy Rhoads perished (what a combo that would have been)

Warner Brothers almost refused to sign Van Halen unless they dumped David Lee Roth. They suggested Sammy Hagar way back in 1977. Eddied refused...for a while.

Sheryl Crow was approached about replacing the retired Christine McVie in Fleetwood Mac. She could easily have pulled that off but respectfully declined.

Nikki Sixx very nearly joined Quiet Riot before he formed Motley Crue.

Some pretty sweet shredding. So what's with the whole buckethead thing? Guy can play...gimmick seems unnecessary.

He came up with the buckethead mask idea as a late teenager to overcome extreme performance anxiety and panic attacks on stage. He was, and to a large extent still is, an awkward, painfully shy person with very low social skills and struggled with a negative self image. His upbringing was pretty normal middle class, with his father being a high school coach and physical ed teacher and mother a teacher. Family members encouraged his musical talents to engage him and get him to interact.

He was eating a bucket of KFC when the idea occurred to him. Of course it's a gimmick and a put on. It directly contrasts with his amazing skill level. His composition skills are pretty solid as well. He knows how to construct a song.

Here is another musician doing a couple of breakdowns on Buckethead's performance and guitar playing. Some nice insights.

British guitarist analyses Buckethead's lack of technical difficulties!!!

British guitarist reacts to Buckethead ignoring half of his brain!

Sending this in a totally different direction.

Sime Sturgill Simpson - He came up on this thread a ways back.

Water in a well

Sitting Here Without You

He came up with the buckethead mask idea as a late teenager to overcome extreme performance anxiety and panic attacks on stage. He was, and to a large extent still is, an awkward, painfully shy person with very low social skills and struggled with a negative self image. His upbringing was pretty normal middle class, with his father being a high school coach and physical ed teacher and mother a teacher. Family members encouraged his musical talents to engage him and get him to interact.

He was eating a bucket of KFC when the idea occurred to him. Of course it's a gimmick and a put on. It directly contrasts with his amazing skill level. His composition skills are pretty solid as well. He knows how to construct a song.

interesting. Guy can really play!

Latest posts