Music Thread

As usual some deserving bands got in...

...and some got screwed.

Nine Inch Nails over Soundgarden? Chris Cornell is second only to Kurt Cobain when it comes to what he contributed to his genre. When he wasn't fronting Soundgarden, he was fronting supergroups, doing tributes, writing for other artists, just a jack of all trades and a master at all of them too. He even lent the better song for Johnny Cash to cover (Rusty Cage vs Hurt)

Whitney Houston does not belong over (Rufus) Chaka Khan. Chaka is prettier, sexier, more talented and a better songwriter. She can get down and funk!

Was never a big Doobies fan but happy that they got in. The Mississippi Moon bar in Dubuque is named after their famous line in Black Water.

...and some got screwed.

Nine Inch Nails over Soundgarden? Chris Cornell is second only to Kurt Cobain when it comes to what he contributed to his genre. When he wasn't fronting Soundgarden, he was fronting supergroups, doing tributes, writing for other artists, just a jack of all trades and a master at all of them too. He even lent the better song for Johnny Cash to cover (Rusty Cage vs Hurt)

Whitney Houston does not belong over (Rufus) Chaka Khan. Chaka is prettier, sexier, more talented and a better songwriter. She can get down and funk!

Was never a big Doobies fan but happy that they got in. The Mississippi Moon bar in Dubuque is named after their famous line in Black Water.
Agree about Soundgarden over Nine Inch Nails, though I think you could make a reasonable argument that neither had enough body of work to deserve induction. That said, Cornell as an individual absolutely deserves the nod.

I also agree about the Doobie Brothers. I'm hot and cold on their hits, but, I do think they have a sufficient body of work to justify their inclusion.

...and some got screwed.

Doobies deserved to be in. I just pretend the Michael McDonald years never happened. :)

The drummer's helmet in the video ... by the way.

91b6NKJZFZL._SS500_.jpg

By far their best offering....."Vices" and "Toulouse" being close behind. "Streets" rocked too.

Still can't get over Whitney Houston getting in. Her aunt, who was Dionne Warwick, probably has a better argument for inclusion.

Madonna, who I do think deserves to be in, started a really slippery slope which will probably result in all the pop divas getting in someday, from Britney Spears to Beyonce. Thanks material girl:eek:

If you want to induct a deserving female how about Sheryl Crow!

RIP - Neil Innes

The Rutles - Cheese And Onions

I have always thought
In the back of my mind
Cheese and onions

I have always thought
That the world was unkind
Cheese and onions

Do I have to spell it out?

C-H-E-E-S-E-A-N-D-O-N-I-O-N-S

Oh, no

Man and machine (man and machine)
Keep yourself clean (keep yourself clean)
Or be a has-been (ah ah)
Like a dinosaur... oh oh oh

Man or device (man or device)
For everything nice (everything nice)
You'd better think twice (ah ah)
At least once more... oh oh oh

Or be a has-been (ah ah)
Like a dinosaur... uh ho!

Man or device (man or device)
For everything nice (everything nice)
You'd better think twice (ah ah)
At least once mo ho hore!

Or be a has-been (aahaah)
Like a dinosaur oh oh oh oh ho!

On a side note, for those that appreciate their older stuff I highly recommend the footage from Black Sabbath's final reunion concert, if you can find it.

You never know what to expect with those types of tours, but, wow. Ozzy sounded good, and Iomme and Butler where absolutely on fire. The whole production was great. Too bad Ward wasn't there, but the drummer they were using was solid. It's on my DVR to stay.

Being on the stage invigorates Ozzy. Dude has been in bad shape for a long time, but performing seems to make him a new man during that time.

Time for some more tunes from the guy who wears the KFC bucket on his head.

Animal Behavior

Interworld and The New Innocence

Soopfuh Beemuh

Sultan's of Massacre & Nottingham Lace

Latest posts