Music Thread

Were (not) an American Band
(We can play the shit out of it but our Engrish not so good.)
(I got the perm just so we could film this.)

Joe Elliott, in Def Leppard's appropriately titled "No, No, No!", ends the song by screaming the phrase forty eight times.

Not to be outdone, Sonic Youth had a song called Master-Dik (don't ask) where they sing the phrase "Don't be a blond bitch" about sixteen times.

But no one can top Husker Du's "New Day Rising.". Bob Mould and (RIP) Grant Hart, as well as bassist Greg Norton and seemingly half the state of Minnesota, sing the phrase over and over for three and a half minutes until it becomes absolute punk rock gospel.

Joe Elliott, in Def Leppard's appropriately titled "No, No, No!", ends the song by screaming the phrase forty eight times.

Not to be outdone, Sonic Youth had a song called Master-Dik (don't ask) where they sing the phrase "Don't be a blond bitch" about sixteen times.

But no one can top Husker Du's "New Day Rising.". Bob Mould and (RIP) Grant Hart, as well as bassist Greg Norton and seemingly half the state of Minnesota, sing the phrase over and over for three and a half minutes until it becomes absolute punk rock gospel.

Oh yah, that song.

The Stones might be the first to immortalize the word NO in 1965

Going to go see the Stones in Denver for The Last Time with my brother, Jerry and the Chief....

:cool:

The Stones might be the first to immortalize the word NO in 1965

Going to go see the Stones in Denver for The Last Time with my brother, Jerry and the Chief....

:cool:

The R & B period stuff was when they were having the most fun. The world was their oyster and they were having a blast. They made even better music later in the 60's and early 70's, but it wasn't fun the way it had been. Fame made them jaded and a bunch of assholes. They were also surrounded by assholes 24/7. Not trying to be judgmental. Wretched excess has a big price though.

Still think their debut album was one of the best new wave albums. (Worth a listen even if you don't like The Cure)

I did something I rarely do here. I clicked and listened....to the whole thing. Never heard any of it before. Certainly a 79-80 vibe. Thought I was 20 all over again. What was missing is memories. Thanks for sharing

I did something I rarely do here. I clicked and listened....to the whole thing. Never heard any of it before. Certainly a 79-80 vibe. Thought I was 20 all over again. What was missing is memories. Thanks for sharing

I actually didn't listen to the album until the mid 90s. To be honest, back in the early 80s I was put off by Robert Smith's stage persona. I was like, "What's up with the dreary persona, the goth clothing, and the bad hair."

Not a bad band actually. Still think Robert Smith should consider some lighter colored clothing and decorum. And use a damn comb every once in a while.

Latest posts