Murray and Patrick

Connor is our best PG. I shouldn't have said get bigger with his minutes. We do have issues with rebounding,interior defense, and stopping ball penetration.

Geezus, some don't understand there is more to basketball than JUST scoring. Connor brings a certain talent and what he does best is take care of the ball and assists. Iowa needs his ball handling. It can't be just Joe T. I realize Bohannon can run the point, but they are trying to get him to succeed at the #2 spot if his shot gets consistent.

The only legit point made by the OP is that without him hitting shots, they double down on Garza more. I can agree to that.

Connor is a glue guy that has a toughness about him. He has a role.
Funny how the color guys (former coaches) love Connors role and rave about what he brings to the table....and message board heroes know better????

Funny how the color guys (former coaches) love Connors role and rave about what he brings to the table....and message board heroes know better????

Not to suggest that anybody on here knows more than commentators but how often do you see a commentator call out a player? Especially a veteran player? A commentator's job is to react to what they see and when JBo is knocking down a huge 3 I wouldn't expect anything but rave reviews from a commentator and, yeah, when he's doing that we all love what he brings to the table. Commentators are not watching every game and when JBo is having a terrible game you won't hear a peep from these former coaches about it. Even when they do criticize they have to be very careful to not call that player out (remember Dolphin?).

Just think, if we reduced Connor's minutes, our offense might actually be pretty good. Christ, we're averaging over 90 pts a game, folks.

Go back and watch the NW game, there are 4 or 5 great passes made by Connor that lead to easy baskets. No one else on the team has demonstrated that they can consistently do this.

Connor does exactly what he's supposed to do and what his teammates/coaches need him to do. You're 100% right. We focus way to much on stats and not enough on the chemistry/cohesiveness a person adds on the floor. Connor is the perfect role player and does exactly what needs to be done.

Latest posts