Murph and Andy = Marty Tirrell

The argument of Murph and Andy being pro-Iowa is simply not true. Neither one of them has ties to Iowa or ISU. I used to live by Andy ... We touched on this topic one time ... He said honestly, he does not care any more about Iowa/ISU than he does Drake or UNI. But it's what the fans see because some fans will tell you Murph and Andy are more biased toward Iowa.

I have listened to them quite often. I don't think they show any favortism toward ISU. I think the only difference is ISU is about 25 miles away. If anything they may have easier access to ISU. The Murph and Andy show is more entertainment. They are not going to ask the tough questions. They might take an entire day and talk about the first car either one of them ever drove. Andy is pretty much just the 'goofball' and I don't think anyone takes him too serious.

I pretty much no longer listen to them ... When I tune into a sports talk show I want to hear about sports ... not a discussion about the five scariest movies of all time ... I don't think too many (at least I don't) consider them real journalists. Yes, they work for the local NBC affiliate but they are more like a watered down ESPN 'reporter.' ... Report the news; try to be funny ... and that is about it.

The funny thing is, Dave is often a guest on the radio stations in DSM. "Kappy"

I can't understand why they have that hack on the radio here. He is not liked in Chicago. Several posters on the Cubscom board have said he is the worst sports personality in town and I would be the first to agree with them.

Murph and Andy are fully capable of being good journalists. They just so happen to be very entertaining in off topic discussions as well. They have an excellent chemistry with each other which enables them to just talking about whatever (similar to Jon and Steve). Their radio show is basically a spin off of Soundoff, which they proclaim is not a news show. Local Iowa radio would be a very dry, boring environment without them on the air.

I honestly can't tell if they pull more for ISU or Iowa, but if someone accuses them one way or another i feel like they over compensate by ripping on that person. Like that persons so stupid to think they've lived here for over 20 years that they might actually lean one way a tad more then the other. I mean what are they robots? If I moved to Arizona I'd probably be pretty neutral between asu and ari, but after 20 years or so I got to believe I'd lean more one way then the other.

I don't think they're biased towards Iowa State...I think there's an effort to make Central Iowa "ISU territory" by KXnO/WHO...it's a business thing. Not unlike ESPN trying to funnel viewers to the SEC, Big East and ACC as well as the east coast pro teams. What's troubling is how Iowa is sitting back and letting them do it...while Iowa State is putting Paul Rhoads, Bill Fennelly, Fred Hoiberg and assistants on the radio, Iowa is giving us mostly assistants except for the beginning of the season media tours.

It may pi$$ me off that it's happening, but I understand it...WHO is the home of the Hawkeyes and is statewide with its network, if KXnO can funnel ISU fans to it (most of whom live in central Iowa), the same company will have everyone tuning into it.

Latest posts