Murph and Andy = Marty Tirrell

94HawkMA

Throw out bombs. yeah, Ferentz is going to tell reporters everything. When Randy Peterson asks him about off the field stuff and Ferentz refuses to answer. Why would Iowa want to release info. that OU would use against them? Ask him about the game. You guys are idiots.

To be fair, they have one mission and one mission only, and that is to increase ratings. Increased ratings means greater ad rates. To increase ratings, stir the pot. To stir the pot - lob bombs, throw crap on the wall to see what sticks. Don't get sucked into their schtick.
But on a related topic, it's hard to consider them as journalists when they try to make the switch to professionals on the 6:00 and 10:00 sports segments.

Nothing better than Murph and Andy. I especially like it when I tune in the middle of September, when there is literally nothing else to talk about, and they are reminiscing about the best movies of the 80's or some other important topic.

I like Murph and Andy. You just have to know where they're coming from and understand that when listening to them.

In the instance you are referring to, Murph and Andy are reporters so of course they'll expect coaches to be forthcoming with their answers and will back the reporter any chance they get.

I dont think that Murph and Andy were expecting an answer from KF. They just say why would you answer it with "it's a possibility." seems like a odd way to answer a question like that. It was also the way that KF decided to answer the questions. I feel that KF came of as unprofessional, arrogant, and disrespectful to the media asking the questions.

but that is just my opinion. Go ahead rake me over the coals for speaking ill of KF Iowa's own Tebow.

Throw out bombs. yeah, Ferentz is going to tell reporters everything. When Randy Peterson asks him about off the field stuff and Ferentz refuses to answer. Why would Iowa want to release info. that OU would use against them? Ask him about the game. You guys are idiots.

Why are Murph and Andy idiots when Randy Peterson is the one who asked the questions? When your coach talks about farting for the reporters, it's going to get some attention.

Last edited:
Love Murph and Andy...it's appointment radio for me, but there does seem to be an effort lately by all of the KXnO local shows, to try and give Iowa State the Des Moines market...there's no doubt about it.

Love Murph and Andy...it's appointment radio for me, but there does seem to be an effort lately by all of the KXnO local shows, to try and give Iowa State the Des Moines market...there's no doubt about it.

Have to agree Shane....it's lazy on their part, but they really don't have any way to tap into the "vibe" of Iowa City on a daily basis like they can Ames.

Murph and Andy are fabulous on the radio. I really dont think they slant to ISU though. Its just like clone fans ******** about the coverage the Rag "Gives ISU" who cares in the end.

Why are Murph and Andy idiots when Randy Peterson is the one who asked the questions? When your coach talks about farting for the reporters, it's going to get some attention.

This guy is the worst. Today he said there was no buzz about the game whatsoever. Then they asked him what he did and he said he stayed in the hotel all day and didnt go anywhere! LOL!

This guy is the worst. Today he said there was no buzz about the game whatsoever. Then they asked him what he did and he said he stayed in the hotel all day and didnt go anywhere! LOL!

Yeah, he probably had to surf the interwebs all day creeping on message boards for his next story:D

To be fair, they have one mission and one mission only, and that is to increase ratings. Increased ratings means greater ad rates. To increase ratings, stir the pot. To stir the pot - lob bombs, throw crap on the wall to see what sticks. Don't get sucked into their schtick.
But on a related topic, it's hard to consider them as journalists when they try to make the switch to professionals on the 6:00 and 10:00 sports segments.
You hit him with the Coker update, Boris.....

badenov.jpg