Much Blame Should Go To Administration.

MelroseHawkins

As previously discussed on many occasions on this site, the atmosphere at Carver has A LOT to be desired. The administration is just as much to blame as the coaching staff, as they have not helped to put the coaches and team in the best position to succeed. They have not taken the appropriate steps to change Carver to be a home advantage.

To succeed in conference, a team MUST protect home court and get the majority of home wins in a season. Dropping home games will kill a team. To succeed in the BIG, a team has to have home wins as it is very difficult to win on the road. They have to win the games they should win on the road but a team will many times have several road losses.

They must make changes to somehow bring seating or more lower seating closer to the floor as well as the students lower and on the side of the court. We've hashed this all out before and I think everybody knows what needs to be done. They need to somehow make that place loud and an event to go to.

So, IMO, the admin is just as much to blame for this, as they have done NOTHING to help with the home atmosphere in Carver. Completely dropped the ball. Everybody else makes it work and are able to still get the blue hairs to attend or donate. Give the good low seats (or certain section) to the students as it is their years at college. It's their time.

Last edited:
I agree but hard to sell when the little snowflakes don't ever show up for games themselves.

You have to build it first. They were energized when Alford came here and started the Hawk's Nest. They would come if closer to the floor and on TV.

That's damn lazy to say "Well, we might as well do nothing because the students don't attend anyway".

You have to build it first. They were energized when Alford came here and started the Hawk's Nest. They would come if closer to the floor and on TV.

That's damn lazy to say "Well, we might as well do nothing because the students don't attend anyway".

But the fact of the matter is they don't. Iowa simply doesn't have the pedigree or the experience for a group of students to start showing up and being loud and obnoxious Carver Crazies.

Did you see the new seats Gary installed at Carver for the Top 1%. Here we can clearly see 2 A-Hole U of I Admins get a great laugh at the fans expense.
giphy.gif

What would motivate the normal person to go to Carver...in the cold of winter...to watch hideous basketball...it is barely watchable on TV for free...

Carver...blow it up...6,500-7,000 capacity...loud, energetic, young...

If you win, they will come...

First...fire the AD and the entire staff...hideous...

What would motivate the normal person to go to Carver...in the cold of winter...to watch hideous basketball...it is barely watchable on TV for free...

Carver...blow it up...6,500-7,000 capacity...loud, energetic, young...

If you win, they will come...

First...fire the AD and the entire staff...hideous...
th

The administration likes Carver and thinks it has done a good job just like the Fran supporters think the same about him.

Fran has done a good job, up until this season. I expect him to do a good job going forward and if he doesn't he won't be at Iowa any more. It's a fairly easy stance to get behind and comprehend. Has he crushed it? No, not when you look at it from a whole, but he's had Iowa trending the right way most years then not. As a fan, you always want better. Fran supporters want better too. You don't feel that way, that's ok. Thanks for reminding everyone on every thread. It tends to make it difficult to have any sort of conversation that doesn't get railed by your agenda, but you do you. Carver sucks when no one goes, that's the same for every venue for every sporting event every where ever.

Fran has done a good job, up until this season. I expect him to do a good job going forward and if he doesn't he won't be at Iowa any more. It's a fairly easy stance to get behind and comprehend. Has he crushed it? No, not when you look at it from a whole, but he's had Iowa trending the right way most years then not. As a fan, you always want better. Fran supporters want better too. You don't feel that way, that's ok. Thanks for reminding everyone on every thread. It tends to make it difficult to have any sort of conversation that doesn't get railed by your agenda, but you do you. Carver sucks when no one goes, that's the same for every venue for every sporting event every where ever.

Fran has done a mediocre job up until this season. Two Tournament appearances, a play in game loss and a horrible Big Ten Tournament showing doesn't justify anything more than mediocre and some might say that's generous.

Fran has done a mediocre job up until this season. Two Tournament appearances, a play in game loss and a horrible Big Ten Tournament showing doesn't justify anything more than mediocre and some might say that's generous.
I am going to get a voodoo doll and stab it everytime you mention the play in game. It’s a tournament appearance so STFU about it already!

I am going to get a voodoo doll and stab it everytime you mention the play in game. It’s a tournament appearance so STFU about it already!

Quote:

The First Four is the jayvee game, playing for the chance to play for that chance.

Despite what the NCAA likes to tell us, the First Four is not the NCAA tournament. They know this, which is why the suits in Indianapolis attempted to call the First Four the “first round” for years, turning the traditional first round into the “second round” and the traditional second round into the newly-created “third round.” It was a joke and a mess; even media couldn’t get the designations straight and the new labels made historical comparisons unwieldy and impossible. Nobody was fooled.

Some Iowa fans were fooled.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-b...tory-usc-wake-forest-kansas-state-2017-031417

Just remember you’re pushing your agenda as much as he is, and it’s just as annoying to hear as the people who want him fired immediately.

Every post of yours seems to be a defensive, “can’t we all just get along” post pointing out that no one here agrees and “that’s ok,” or one where you’re complaining about people beating up on you and reminding us to go ahead, because you can take it...

No one asked you if it was ok to disagree or not, and we already know there are two different camps on this board.

Quote:

The First Four is the jayvee game, playing for the chance to play for that chance.

Despite what the NCAA likes to tell us, the First Four is not the NCAA tournament. They know this, which is why the suits in Indianapolis attempted to call the First Four the “first round” for years, turning the traditional first round into the “second round” and the traditional second round into the newly-created “third round.” It was a joke and a mess; even media couldn’t get the designations straight and the new labels made historical comparisons unwieldy and impossible. Nobody was fooled.

Some Iowa fans were fooled.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-b...tory-usc-wake-forest-kansas-state-2017-031417

Question: Can a team that plays in a play-in game have a chance to go all the way and win the tournament? Just sayin'.

Just remember you’re pushing your agenda as much as he is, and it’s just as annoying to hear as the people who want him fired immediately.

Every post of yours seems to be a defensive, “can’t we all just get along” post pointing out that no one here agrees and “that’s ok,” or one where you’re complaining about people beating up on you and reminding us to go ahead, because you can take it...

No one asked you if it was ok to disagree or not, and we already know there are two different camps on this board.

Fine, eat it Fry - you suck and no one likes you. Is that better? I am the smartest person on the board and know more about basketball then you because I saw some stats that Ken Pomeroy tweeted? Am I doing it right?

How bout you let me be who I am and I let you be who you are? I do have an agenda, I freely admit it. When people beat up on me, I tell em it's ok. Cause it is. I don't think anyone asked you shit.

Latest posts