MSU will come out with their hair lit on fire, can we withstand?

HawksMN

Title says it all.
Expect MSU to be chucking and hitting on all cylinders. It will take a big effort from the Hawks to come out of there with a W.

We got this....This is really weird, but I had a crazy a$$ dream that we won by 7....Izzo goes absolutely off the deep end while Fran chest bumps the entire MSU cheerleading crew...Crazy, I know or is it?

Not a chance. MSU is done. They just can't get anything going this year and its too late to recover.....oh wait, they're playing Iowa next? Yep, they're gunna come out on fire.

Not a chance. MSU is done. They just can't get anything going this year and its too late to recover.....oh wait, they're playing Iowa next? Yep, they're gunna come out on fire.

They seriously hate us, two of the worst losses in Spartan Basketball History were to Lick in his first year and to Fran in his first year....

Who hates Iowa.....

We hate Iowa.....

460x.jpg

I think this will set the course for either team. Both are struggling, but it's a bit too early for St. Patty's Day.....
Hawks 71
MSU 68 one minus a happy meal for IZZO

We got this....This is really weird, but I had a crazy a$$ dream that we won by 7....Izzo goes absolutely off the deep end while Fran chest bumps the entire MSU cheerleading crew...Crazy, I know or is it?

I had the same dream but in mine Scoobie Doo was his assistant, Shania Twain was the referee..then my teeth fell out.

I disagree. Michigan clinching the title outright took away any incentive MSU had for winning or tying for the regular season championship. They are assured of a top 4 seed in the B1G tournament. I would not be surprised to see Izzo sit Appling and Payne just to rest them. On the other hand Iowa has a lot of incentive to win, a win would get them the four seed in the B1G tournament. Iowa finally got some much needed rest before heading to E.L.

I disagree. Michigan clinching the title outright took away any incentive MSU had for winning or tying for the regular season championship. They are assured of a top 4 seed in the B1G tournament. I would not be surprised to see Izzo sit Appling and Payne just to rest them. On the other hand Iowa has a lot of incentive to win, a win would get them the four seed in the B1G tournament. Iowa finally got some much needed rest before heading to E.L.

I wouldn't look too into it..we haven't won there since 1993 so I'm expecting more of the same

They seriously hate us, two of the worst losses in Spartan Basketball History were to Lick in his first year and to Fran in his first year....

Who hates Iowa.....

We hate Iowa.....

460x.jpg

LOL - I remember that Lick upset. What was it, like 43-36 or some crazy junk like that? I remember thinking "what the hell did I just watch?"

Holy crap, can't believe I still remember that score - 43-36, from January 12, 2008.

I guess it was kind of a memorable one. You gotta love a score that makes you ask "which sport was that in?"

LOL - I remember that Lick upset. What was it, like 43-36 or some crazy junk like that? I remember thinking "what the hell did I just watch?"

I believe it was 43 - 37, the least points they had scored in Izzo's reign, if not decades. Fran put a 20 point slap on their face his first year. The team was devastated. They interviewed a player with his head in his hands saying: I can't believe we lost to IOWA.....

They were seriously humiliated big time.....

:cool:

Last edited:

Izzo is doing just the opposite of this. With MSU students on spring break the b-ball team is having two practices a day in attempt to build cohesiveness now that Payne, Dawson, and Appling are all back healthy.

I think we are going to see more of the same. We got by a bad opponent in Purdue in a game that should not have been that close. Same bad tendencies we have had this year was on display in that game. We have not won at MSU since 1993 and Izzo owns Iowa for the most part. If Iowa plays like they did against Michigan at home, sure Iowa has a great chance. But, I'm not betting on that particular team showing up in East Lansing. It is the mental mindset of our players that worries me the most (despite MSU's own mental and physical issues) You got to have some balls to win there and until it happens I have to say: MSU 78 Iowa 71

They are assured of a top 4 seed in the B1G tournament.

Unfortunately, this is not correct...unless Indiana beats Nebraska tonight. If Iowa and Nebraska both go 2-0 this week and Michigan State goes 0-2 it's a 3 way tie for 3rd at 11-7...assuming Wisconsin beats Purdue tonight. Iowa gets the 3 seed (2-1). Nebraska gets the 4 seed (1-1). Michigan State gets the 5 seed (1-2).

A Nebraska loss tonight benefits both Iowa and Michigan State. Michigan State is guaranteed a BTT bye. Iowa is a win away from a BTT bye.

I had the same dream but in mine Scoobie Doo was his assistant, Shania Twain was the referee..then my teeth fell out.

I hate that dream. That and the one where I end up on The Planet of the Apes and my winged-helicopter feet don't work right and Dr Zaius keeps spraying spit in my face when he calls me "Hawk Eyes".

Keith Appling has not made a three point shot for 5 weeks, and has made 3 of 10 FTs during that stretch. But Izzo gave him 34 minutes in the Illinois game.

Will Appling stay cold, or suddenly get his wrist healed up by tomorrow night and hit half his threes, like he did in Iowa City on January 28, the night he made his last 3 pointer? Or will Izzo give him more rest and play Trice more, who is healthy and hits over 40 percent of his threes?

Keith Appling has not made a three point shot for 5 weeks, and has made 3 of 10 FTs during that stretch. But Izzo gave him 34 minutes in the Illinois game.

Will Appling stay cold, or suddenly get his wrist healed up by tomorrow night and hit half his threes, like he did in Iowa City on Janaury 28, the night he made his last 3 pointer? Or will Izzo give him more rest and play Trice more, who is healthy and hits over 40 percent of his threes?

I'm not sure but I would probably catch that wrist trying to block a shot. I'm talking a hard basketball play not a dirty play. If he's not able to take normal basketball contact he shouldn't be playing IMO.

Latest posts