MSU will come out with their hair lit on fire, can we withstand?

Keith Appling has not made a three point shot for 5 weeks, and has made 3 of 10 FTs during that stretch. But Izzo gave him 34 minutes in the Illinois game.

Will Appling stay cold, or suddenly get his wrist healed up by tomorrow night and hit half his threes, like he did in Iowa City on January 28, the night he made his last 3 pointer? Or will Izzo give him more rest and play Trice more, who is healthy and hits over 40 percent of his threes?

Oh, terrific. That right there is the kiss of death. We always hear something like this and then that player goes off for a career high against us.

My prediction is that Appling will suddenly find his stroke since they are playing the Hawks.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but I've seen it happen too many times: "<Insert player name here> has been struggling shooting the ball the last few games, only 2 of 14 from 3 point land. But tonight....."

@MSU on senior night.. I'm not liking our chances in this one.

I think we are going to see more of the same. We got by a bad opponent in Purdue in a game that should not have been that close. Same bad tendencies we have had this year was on display in that game. We have not won at MSU since 1993 and Izzo owns Iowa for the most part. If Iowa plays like they did against Michigan at home, sure Iowa has a great chance. But, I'm not betting on that particular team showing up in East Lansing. It is the mental mindset of our players that worries me the most (despite MSU's own mental and physical issues) You got to have some balls to win there and until it happens I have to say: MSU 78 Iowa 71

How I'm feeling too. It will probably unfold in typical Hawkeye fashion where we have a late lead and can't hold on. I'd rather get absolutely blown out than have those gut-wrenching losses.

There is absolutely nothing that this Hawkeye team has shown this year that proves they can win this type a game. I hope that I am wrong, but sorry I don’t see it happening.

1) Road struggles
2) Struggles in big games home and away
3) Inconsistent free throw shooting
4) Lack of defense against the 3

It’s rate I don’t back the hawks, or give them a chance, but this one would be Frans biggest upset in his hawkeye career to date.

Izzo will have them fired up to send out Appling, Payne and Harris on a high note after losing to Illni in Breslin last weekend....no way will he allow them to come out flat on Senior Nite.

Hawks need to get hot.

> MSU will come out with their hair lit on fire, can we withstand?

Can we? Certainly. MSU is beatable on their own floor it turns out.

Will we? Ah, now there's a question...

How are the Hawks gonna play Payne of MSU? Is Fran gonna play man defense with Woody or Gabe while Payne shoots from outside? And if so, who's gonna rebound or play defense in the middle for Iowa?

How are the Hawks gonna play Payne of MSU? Is Fran gonna play man defense with Woody or Gabe while Payne shoots from outside? And if so, who's gonna rebound or play defense in the middle for Iowa?

Didn't our zone have some success vs them in Iowa City?

However, if they are hot from the outside, it'll be a long night.

This could not come at a worse time for Iowa...they are getting healthy...they are struggling. Those both spell disaster for our team. Izzo will have this team ready to go Thursday night. They still need "good wins" and this would qualify as one to help with their NCAA seeding. I really think we are walking into a trap...I hope I am wrong.

I wouldn't look too into it..we haven't won there since 1993 so I'm expecting more of the same

Until this year, the Hawks hadn't beaten Illinois at Illinois since sometime before the mullet - this is the year the Hawks beat MSU in East Lansing. Bring back the mullet!

Whoa! What a bunch of doomsayers. MSU lost at home to Nebraska and Illinois for god's sake. You don't think the Hawks can beat them? Sheeesh.

Whoa! What a bunch of doomsayers. MSU lost at home to Nebraska and Illinois for god's sake. You don't think the Hawks can beat them? Sheeesh.

Not after embarrassing losses to the Huskers and Illini. Had they blown out those 2 teams, then Iowa's chances would be better.

Izzo will have them fired up to send out Appling, Payne and Harris on a high note after losing to Illni in Breslin last weekend....no way will he allow them to come out flat on Senior Nite.

Hawks need to get hot.

No way the reffs will call a square game either.

Nebraska beating Indiana makes this a must win...if we want to control our own destiny. The BTT bye could very well be on the line tomorrow night.

There is absolutely nothing that this Hawkeye team has shown this year that proves they can win this type a game. I hope that I am wrong, but sorry I don’t see it happening.

1) Road struggles
2) Struggles in big games home and away
3) Inconsistent free throw shooting
4) Lack of defense against the 3

It’s rate I don’t back the hawks, or give them a chance, but this one would be Frans biggest upset in his hawkeye career to date.

Completely agree. Throw in a physical MSU team vs a non-physical Iowa team, senior night, pi$$ed off MSU and this game could get ugly. Really makes the home loss to MSU (when they were injured) that much tougher to take. UGH!

Not after embarrassing losses to the Huskers and Illini. Had they blown out those 2 teams, then Iowa's chances would be better.

Unfortunately, I think Nebraska is playing better than the Hawks right now. And Illinois, despite the blitz that Michigan put on them, is playing better as well since Groce finally started to play his talented freshmen. We need to break out of our doldrums and get back to how we were playing earlier in the year. That said, East Lansing has been a horrowshow for us the past two decades and if this game goes like they normally do, we will be down by double digits by the first official timeout.

Latest posts