MSU @ Purdue

ssckelley

Who do you got? This is a big game tonight, both teams are 7-4 the loser is probably out of the conference race.

Purdue is favored by 2 points.

Purdue has only lost 1 home game all year...to the best team in the conference. They haven't lost 2 in a row all season. They didn't shoot well in their last game at Maryland...3 for 25 from 3. I like the Boilers.

I think both are out of the conference race. It's between Iowa and Maryland IMO. But there are 5 teams battling for the last 2 double bye spots...Indiana, Michigan State, Purdue, Michigan and Wisconsin. So there is a lot at stake.

Indiana has a 2 game lead in the loss column but also has the toughest schedule...by far. Michigan State will almost certainly win out after tonight. I will be pulling for Purdue. I don't want Michigan State ending the season on an 11 game winning streak.

But I would like to see Maryland and Michigan State as the 2 and 3 seeds in the Big 10 Tournament since I think they are the 2 best teams after Iowa...put them on the other side of the bracket. So it's not the end of the world if Michigan State gets the upset.

Edit - I just ran the BTT Bracket Generator and a Michigan State win likely puts them in the 2 vs. 3 game with Maryland. I still think Purdue will win but during the course of this post I have decided I will pull for Michigan State.

Last edited:
IMHO .. WHO CARES? It's not that big of a game. They're both 3 games out with 7 to play and Iowa swept both of them. If Iowa continues to play like they are, neither one of these teams is going to sniff the B1G regular season championship.

GO HAWKS!!!

IMHO .. WHO CARES? It's not that big of a game. They're both 3 games out with 7 to play and Iowa swept both of them. If Iowa continues to play like they are, neither one of these teams is going to sniff the B1G regular season championship.

GO HAWKS!!!

I like to watch college basketball...especially Big 10 games. So I'm always interested in a game involving 2 ranked teams. I have a conflict or I would be going back and forth between this game and the West Virginia at Kansas game.

He's really upset that college basketball fans watch and talk about college basketball

I think it's a good match up for Purdue. Also tough to win on the road. I'll take Purdue.

GO HAWKS!!!

I care, I watch a lot of CBB. I'm a fan. I bet on games. I go to vegas for the first round every year. MSU and Purdue are both tourney teams. I care

Purdue has moved to -2.5. I'm not betting on this game but I think I'd take MSU. Purdue is starting to look kind of like a pretender. Not quite the indiana level of pretender, but who has purdue beaten in the big ten this season? Their best wins are @Wisconsin, and home against Michigan and Ohio State. Not exactly a murderer's row of wins there. Both teams have a pretty terrible loss...MSU at home to nebraska (lol?) and Purdue by 14 @illinois.

Should be a fun game to watch

I care, I watch a lot of CBB. I'm a fan. I bet on games. I go to vegas for the first round every year. MSU and Purdue are both tourney teams. I care

Purdue has moved to -2.5. I'm not betting on this game but I think I'd take MSU. Purdue is starting to look kind of like a pretender. Not quite the indiana level of pretender, but who has purdue beaten in the big ten this season? Their best wins are @Wisconsin, and home against Michigan and Ohio State. Not exactly a murderer's row of wins there. Both teams have a pretty terrible loss...MSU at home to nebraska (lol?) and Purdue by 14 @illinois.

Should be a fun game to watch

Remove Iowa from the equation and Purdue is undefeated at home...and our win wasn't easy. Remove Iowa from the equation and Purdue has lost a total of 3 games all season. There's no shame in losing to Butler on a neutral floor and there's no shame in losing at Maryland. Losing at Illinois is shameful.

Purdue is shooting 34.9% from 3 point range on the season. They shot 22.2% collectively in their 3 losses. They shot 12% (on 25 attempts) at Maryland on Saturday. Considering how bad they shot Saturday and the fact that they are at home I suspect Purdue will shoot at least their season percentage tonight. If Purdue can make 35% of their 3 pointers tonight I think they win...possibly by double figures.

Michigan State has won 4 in a row after losing 3 in a row. But look at the teams they have beaten. The home win against Maryland was a good win. But the last 3 wins are @ NW, Rutgers and @ (a struggling) Michigan. Win tonight and I will start to believe they have rediscovered the magic...but I don't think it's going to happen. Either way they should win their last 6 regular season games...4 home games and road games at Ohio State and Rutgers.

Edit - Win tonight and Michigan State may very well play themselves into a 1 seed for the NCAA Tournament. They will likely end the season on an 11 game winning streak and finish 14-4 in the conference...if they get the upset tonight.

GO HAWKS!!!

If you didn't care then why open the thread, let alone respond? The Hawks are not one tonight and this is a pretty big game.

I'm not watching but statistically this is playing out almost exactly like our first half at Purdue. I don't think they'll blow a 19 point lead again though. Assuming it gets to that point.

Can Purdue master the art of blowing big leads against good teams because that was kinda our thing.

Can Purdue master the art of blowing big leads against good teams because that was kinda our thing.

I almost feel honored that Purdue is taking after our last couple Hawkeye teams. Up by 16 at half over MSU and it was down to a 5 point game with 13 minutes left in the second half. Valentine went off and scored 6 points in less than 6 seconds.

Latest posts