MSU game postponed

really really tying to not get political... as i see all these games getting called off.... and thinking about the address from the governor I saw yesterday.

Seems like two different realities....

I saw it on KCCI...

Really don't like it... that means we dont play again until Monday- that's a long time off.
Going to have to deal with it.

It didn't seem to affect Gonzaga too much back in December.

The Northwestern game has been moved up a day anyway. Then we'll have to see when MSU is rescheduled.

If they do not reschedule, then the game at MSU should be moved to a neutral site. Or is the game required to be rescheduled?

If they do not reschedule, then the game at MSU should be moved to a neutral site. Or is the game required to be rescheduled?
Pretty sure the plan is to reschedule games. There are 5 and 7 day gaps between games the latter part of the season to accommodate.

Well that sucks. We are playing well feels like the guys are kinda hitting their stride. Would really much rather not have a long break at this point. Would most certainly rather keep playing and keep that rhythm going. Izzo doesn't care. He's got a below avg group for him and he knows they aren't making any noise. But this sorta thing for us could be bad. It could put a monkey wrench into our season. Fn covid

The Iowa pessimist in me (nurtured for 46 years on this Earth) is reminded of the great Indiana roof collapse, where the Hoosiers were playing crap ball, Iowa was on fire, and so the AD sent a janitor up to the rafters to drop a beam down so he would have an excuse to postpone the game a few weeks. Iowa's season basically cratered after that.

Here, Izzo's boys are not playing all that well right now. But, they usually get better as the year goes on. I think Izzo sneezed on his son to get this game pushed.

Let's hope history does not repeat itself.

Be interesting to know who the mystery 3rd player is. The cynical part of me can't help but think that if ever a team needed some time to get their act together, it would be MSU. For the first time in a gazillion years, Iowa was going to be the clear favorite in a matchup and if the game bore out as predicted, this would not have helped the Spartan psyche.......I am not saying that the positive tests did not occur, because I believe they did and every team has or will face this at some point, I am just expressing sour grapes that it occurs right when we have as good a chance to defeat this nemesis as we have had in a very long time. To paraphrase what someone posted in another thread.........E'ffin Michigan teams..............

The Iowa pessimist in me (nurtured for 46 years on this Earth) is reminded of the great Indiana roof collapse, where the Hoosiers were playing crap ball, Iowa was on fire, and so the AD sent a janitor up to the rafters to drop a beam down so he would have an excuse to postpone the game a few weeks. Iowa's season basically cratered after that.

Here, Izzo's boys are not playing all that well right now. But, they usually get better as the year goes on. I think Izzo sneezed on his son to get this game pushed.

Let's hope history does not repeat itself.
Yep that was the first thing I thought of too. Didn't we have to play 3 games in like 5 days leading into the BTT?

So when Fran made the comments about everyone being ready to play and depth being more important than ever were we missing something? We waive red shirt rules and allow players an extra season in a year that still doesn't matter and MSU calls things off because they have 3 positive tests within the program? What am I missing?

Going to have to deal with it.

It didn't seem to affect Gonzaga too much back in December.

The Northwestern game has been moved up a day anyway. Then we'll have to see when MSU is rescheduled.
So the Northwestern game is moved from Monday to Sunday?

So when Fran made the comments about everyone being ready to play and depth being more important than ever were we missing something? We waive red shirt rules and allow players an extra season in a year that still doesn't matter and MSU calls things off because they have 3 positive tests within the program? What am I missing?
I think what the problem is is players test negative Tuesday, then positive Wednesday, so its entirely possible more will test positive game day and in the days that follow. The idea is that someone could have it and still be negative, just not enough for a positive test. Then later that night, they would be playing a game with it and possibly spread it. Not sure if thats accurate or not, but it makes sense that that would be the concern.

I can't help but notice all the teams at the bottom of the conference are having COVID problems. It makes sense that teams that suck are more likely to have players that don't care about being careful. Or its just a coincidence maybe.

Well that sucks. We are playing well feels like the guys are kinda hitting their stride. Would really much rather not have a long break at this point. Would most certainly rather keep playing and keep that rhythm going. Izzo doesn't care. He's got a below avg group for him and he knows they aren't making any noise. But this sorta thing for us could be bad. It could put a monkey wrench into our season. Fn covid
At first glance, the delay definitely hurts us, and can't help but improve things for Sparty! So, right now, who is the better team, MSU OR NW?

Correct. Its not just the number of positive tests, but whether there is a pattern. Given the incubation period, it is possible the whole damn team is infected and they just have not created enough antibodies to show up on a test yet. But, they could still spread it. So, until they get an extended period of all negative tests for the rest of team, they will not be back on the court. They have to make sure the outbreak is contained.

At first glance, the delay definitely hurts us, and can't help but improve things for Sparty! So, right now, who is the better team, MSU OR NW?
Good Q.... OSU just beat NW. They are pretty similar. The middle of the pack can pretty much all beat each other any given night.