MSU game postponed

Well that sucks. We are playing well feels like the guys are kinda hitting their stride. Would really much rather not have a long break at this point. Would most certainly rather keep playing and keep that rhythm going. Izzo doesn't care. He's got a below avg group for him and he knows they aren't making any noise. But this sorta thing for us could be bad. It could put a monkey wrench into our season. Fn covid
It will only put a wrench in our season if we let it. We have a veteran group. And all conference seasons have seven day gaps between games. At least we didn't have to fly into East Lansing and immediately fly home without playing and knowing we'd have to fly in again later in the season.

At first glance, the delay definitely hurts us, and can't help but improve things for Sparty! So, right now, who is the better team, MSU OR NW?
At second glance some of our players who have been banged up, like Toussaint and Connor get extra rest time.

And how does it improve things for Sparty when they have to make another trip. Unless they are playing better in three or four weeks.

I can't help but notice all the teams at the bottom of the conference are having COVID problems. It makes sense that teams that suck are more likely to have players that don't care about being careful. Or its just a coincidence maybe.
I thought all off-season basketball activities were shut down in June or July because up to seven players were infected. That would significantly diminish the risk of catching it now.

Going to have to deal with it.

It didn't seem to affect Gonzaga too much back in December.

The Northwestern game has been moved up a day anyway. Then we'll have to see when MSU is rescheduled.
if the season gets condensed I think it helps a deep team like Iowa. But if a team can't make up all their games what happens to them.

It will only put a wrench in our season if we let it. We have a veteran group. And all conference seasons have seven day gaps between games. At least we didn't have to fly into East Lansing and immediately fly home without playing and knowing we'd have to fly in again later in the season.
Can always be worse as they say. But yeah it's hard to tangibly put a value on being in the flow of a season and then taking a week long break or more. I'd be more worried if they were a younger group but our main guys are all vets. Mainly I just don't like going this long without a game haha

I think what the problem is is players test negative Tuesday, then positive Wednesday, so its entirely possible more will test positive game day and in the days that follow. The idea is that someone could have it and still be negative, just not enough for a positive test. Then later that night, they would be playing a game with it and possibly spread it. Not sure if thats accurate or not, but it makes sense that that would be the concern.

That at least makes sense. It just amazes me though how there's so much talk of depth being important, but yet rarely are we hearing about a teams really going out and playing with multiple starters out or a depleted bench.

At second glance some of our players who have been banged up, like Toussaint and Connor get extra rest time.

And how does it improve things for Sparty when they have to make another trip. Unless they are playing better in three or four weeks.
Also, how does Sparty play when their schedule gets condensed? They aren’t deep. They aren’t confident (winning). And they aren’t experienced.

Latest posts