MSU and Iowa total O in B10 play

Folks, I have said it before and will say it again, there is going to be a short leash here. There at least four replies in this thread that are smart assed and disrespectful to another poster for no reason. We're not going to have that here. I will leave these posts up as an example. And if you have to ask, I am probably talking about your post.

This site will be about expressing opinions and having respectful debate. If you feel this is too much to ask of you then there are message boards at scout rivals and elsewhere you can go to.

...it won't ever be over for me as no matter what the score is Sat nite, I'll be up early Sun AM for a 7 hour tape session. You can talk BCS(if we win) or BS(if we lose), I'll be doing something different, but the same Sunday rountine for me that I've been doing since 95.

Hey Digger, what do you mean by this? Do you spend 7 hours reviewing the Hawkeye game tape from the prior day?

I feel foolish now...I didn't know Digger was some sort of "Guru" from the Scout board coming over here. My somewhat defensive reply was responding to someone I thought was a Mich St individual coming here to stir the pot. My apologies, Digger!

That was my first thought as well. I apologize as well for being a bit hostile in my first post.

Very simple if you read. In B10 play MSU is averaging 96.5 yards more per game than Iowa. MSU's stats remain close to the same whether its all games or conference games, but throw out games vs 1AA teams like UNI or 1-4 Sun Belt teams like Ark St and Iowa's only averaging 316 yards per game in B10 play.

MSU racked up a bunch of yards against two Big Ten doormats. Congrats to them I guess. I fail to see the point. Nobody is claiming that Iowa has a dominant offense.

Statistics are indeed for losers. That's why they play the games.

Last edited:
MSU lines have surprised me in how well they've played.

No matter what you've read me posting tonite as of now I like our chances Saturday but it is a very tough foe we're playing at night at in their house. This game is way beyond huge, we are this close to being in a great place, if we can only win Sat. It could all be over for many of you Saturday night, it won't ever be over for me as no matter what the score is Sat nite, I'll be up early Sun AM for a 7 hour tape session. You can talk BCS(if we win) or BS(if we lose), I'll be doing something different, but the same Sunday rountine for me that I've been doing since 95.

Digger -

MSU's OL has surprised me in many regards ... especially regarding how they contained Schofield pretty well. Of course, on the flip-side, Graham still was pretty darn disruptive against them.

Also, I'd argue that the OL's clear strength has been pass-blocking as opposed to run-blocking. When you combine that fact along with the fact that their current top RBs are so young. I think that diminishes some of the threat that they pose on O.

Latest posts