Moving on to the Clowns, how concerned should we be?

He is dismissive of a need to make a change in anything when brought up, which tells me he is all in on Brian and Petras. Brian has given him no reason for this and Petras has just been along for the ride most of his career with the defense. Iowa can win a lot of games with it's defense. I think they can beat Iowa State and their next three games, but there will be games like Purdue and Michigan where the O has to put up something. Petras is as broken as the offensive line. I don't think I have seen anything like it since Christiansen. Petras lack of improvement is the biggest cause for concern for the future of Iowa football and Kirk's seemingly indifference to it is astounding.
Since Christiansen? Never have we seen anything like this. Never.

I'll say isu scores three field goals and one TD coming late in the game for 16 points.

IA comes out playing better on O and manages one TD due to the D leaving them on a short field. There will be two FGs for 13 points.

In 4th Qtr with 8 minutes left, the score will be isu 9 - IA 13. Kirk decides to run almost all plays to eat time and afraid to run the risk of throwing an interception. With the O off the field in three and outs, the IA D gets gassed, again, and ISU capitalizes with a TD on a long pass.

Final score isu - 16 IA - 13

Usually a QB can't suck that bad 2 games in a row. I look for Petras to play better....I mean how could he play worse? I say we improve the run game and we come out on top 24 - 10. Defense will set us up for some short fields. Go Hawks

Usually a QB can't suck that bad 2 games in a row. I look for Petras to play better....I mean how could he play worse? I say we improve the run game and we come out on top 24 - 10. Defense will set us up for some short fields. Go Hawks

How about 7 games in a row? Petras has 1 TD and 8 INTs over the last 7 games. No way he should be starting.

Last edited:
How about 7 in a row? Petras has 1 TD and 8 INTs over the last 7 games. No way he should be starting.
Hoping we can get the run game going so we don't have to rely on Petras to throw us to a victory. That most likely the Clowns game plan. Stack the box force Petras to beat them. Probably a solid game plan. I'm optimistic he won't suck as bad as he did against the Jackrabbits.

Let me put it this way. I got to church…usually. Live in DSM metro area. Last 6 yrs I wear a hawk coaches polo Sunday AM after the game. Maybe a dozen more guys as well. Being less than 20 miles to ames I expect it will be a sick sea of ketchup and mustard this Sunday. Im not going

Game reminded me of Vandenberg year 1 starter vs year 2 under Greg Davis. Went from Dr Jekyll to Mr Hyde in a span of one season. That was some bad O, but not as bad as last Saturday. Wouldn't it be refreshing to see quality coaching and play on the offensive side of the ball? One can dream anyway.

Not gonna win this one.

Kirk has a choice to make…

Demote his kid and make LeVar woods OC for the next 4 years followed by head coach, or continue the downward spiral of spinning Iowa into the ground and let his kid ruin both recruiting and current state Iowa football.

If he does the former I’ll continue to be of the opinion that he was one of the greats.

if he does the latter, he will kill any and all continuance of the Hayden Fry era and he will be dead to me. Hayden’s legacy will live on but be dead, and Kirk Ferentz will forever be known as the person who killed Iowa football out of spite, stubbornness, and nepotism—and I will hock a huge loogie on any street sign or statue they put up of him, at any opportunity I get. If he continues to let his son drive Iowa football into irrelevancy and comedic value, he will totally negate any good things he did here full stop.
You ready for the tin foil hat?

My dad, for years, has said that Kirk is part of a point shaving scheme. "There's no better place to do it than Iowa" he says "because nobody outside the state cares or watches." He posits, "how do you explain the constant beat Penn St. one week, then crumble to northwestern the next?" He has other crazy thoughts as well, but I'll stop there.
I've always said dad you're out of you're freaking mind, that's just not possible.

This whole Petra's thing has me questioning my sanity... Could my crazy dad possibly be on to something? Maybe not point shaving, but some dirt on the Ferentz gang? I just don't have an answer. But more and more it feels like something just isn't right.

I don't know how to justify what we are seeing.

I will now take a step back from the ledge and remove my tin foil hat

My dad, for years, has said that Kirk is part of a point shaving scheme. "There's no better place to do it than Iowa" he says "because nobody outside the state cares or watches." He posits, "how do you explain the constant beat Penn St. one week, then crumble to northwestern the next?" He has other crazy thoughts as well, but I'll stop there.
I've always said dad you're out of you're freaking mind, that's just not possible.

This whole Petra's thing has me questioning my sanity... Could my crazy dad possibly be on to something? Maybe not point shaving, but some dirt on the Ferentz gang? I just don't have an answer. But more and more it feels like something just isn't right.

Good decision on the hat thing.

I don't see Iowa winning this game or another game all season if Kirk isn't going to make changes to the O-line. D-line will shine but it won't matter if the O-line can't do their part.

What your saying is defense get worn down if they are on the field over 75% of the time.

A few takeaways from this-

1) Lock your pop up in the looney house.

2) The only "dirt" the Ferentz gang is up to is nepotism.

3) I gotta hear more of these theories your dad has.

What your saying is defense get worn down if they are on the field over 75% of the time.
I’m not convinced Iowa State has the ground game this year to eat up time of possession, even if they want to. As bad as the OL was, I think Iowa probably musters 200 yards on the ground against SE Missouri State Correspondence School for the Deaf.

Here's one to wet your whistle

Just for fun, i had to go back and look at some texts, but this one is one of my favorites. "Ferentz is the kingpin..."

My old man is a great guy, but incredibly paranoid.

That being said I'm not naive enough to think that there is not corruption in college sports, I do not believe that Iowa or Ferentz are kingpins

Attachments

• 8BBB280F-CB36-4DAC-A411-F3EA98697FB1.jpeg
    8BBB280F-CB36-4DAC-A411-F3EA98697FB1.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 5
I’m not convinced Iowa State has the ground game this year to eat up time of possession, even if they want to. As bad as the OL was, I think Iowa probably musters 200 yards on the ground against SE Missouri State Correspondence School for the Deaf.

ISU's run game definitely wasn't what we've seen the last few years, nothing against those guys, Hall was very good.

That said ISU really wasn't even trying to run the ball at least in the first half. In the 1st quarter they had 12 passes and 4 rushes. 2nd quarter they had 14 passes and 3 runs. This was the definition of a tune up game and they clearly wanted to make sure the passing game was ready to go.

Ultimately IMO time of possession I think is pretty meaningless in this game this year because I don't think there will be long, sustained drives by either team. If ISU's running game were better, I still wouldn't think ISU would be able to run on Iowa because Iowa is elite against the run and on defense. The questions to me are, is ISU going to do incredibly dumb stuff like screw up special teams/turnovers, and can Petras do enough to win. That's the game to me and it's pretty basic.

Just gonna bump this right here... You know just in case. My dad better not be right or I'll never hear the end of it.

Just gonna bump this right here... You know just in case. My dad better not be right or I'll never hear the end of it.
LOL. KF has had a long-term and undetected yoke by a mafia family that requires him to throw a couple games per year to pay off his debt. Probably something he picked up in Cleveland while betting the ponies off track or some Wisconsin-based cheese mafiosos. I guess anything is possible.

Perhaps a simpler explanation is that Iowa generally plays to the level of its competition and plays to let the other team lose, not to press Iowa to win. Thus, they let UNI stay in some games with Iowa when they should not.

Maybe your Dad should follow a few other programs and discover that Iowa is not the only team that has inexplicable losses over the last couple decades. Its sports. Sometimes App State beats Michigan. It happens.

LOL. KF has had a long-term and undetected yoke by a mafia family that requires him to throw a couple games per year to pay off his debt. Probably something he picked up in Cleveland while betting the ponies off track or some Wisconsin-based cheese mafiosos. I guess anything is possible.

Perhaps a simpler explanation is that Iowa generally plays to the level of its competition and plays to let the other team lose, not to press Iowa to win. Thus, they let UNI stay in some games with Iowa when they should not.

Maybe your Dad should follow a few other programs and discover that Iowa is not the only team that has inexplicable losses over the last couple decades. Its sports. Sometimes App State beats Michigan. It happens.
Stop being so logical! He hates that.

My annual reminder that Iowa actually loses those "games they shouldn't lose" a lot less than most other teams in college football in recent history, at least as judged by Vegas favorites:

1683736523367.png

Among the best at covering as a favorite, as well (they have been especially good at covering big numbers):

1683736603200.png

Only slightly above average at winning as an underdog. Slightly below average in covering as an underdog.

Latest posts