Moving on to the Clowns, how concerned should we be?

HaydenHawk56

I did not get to watch their game being at Kinnick. I see they won 42-10 against Southeast Missouri St.

I don't think they will come close to scoring that much against us....they got 17 points the last time in Ames. Our defense and punting should keep their scoring at a premium. But, clearly 0 offensive points and relying on safeties and field goals is playing with fire.

Those that watched the Clown game, what percentage chance would you assign the clowns?

I did not get to watch their game being at Kinnick. I see they won 42-10 against Southeast Missouri St.

I don't think they will come close to scoring that much against us....they got 17 points the last time in Ames. Our defense and punting should keep their scoring at a premium. But, clearly 0 offensive points and relying on safeties and field goals is playing with fire.

Those that watched the Clown game, what percentage chance would you assign the clowns?
Probably at least 50/50 if we don't get some banged up offensive players back.

I can rattle off the cliche bullshit. Whoever wins the turnover battle probably wins the game. The QB that will repeatedly take the check down and not force anything down the field, probably wins the game.

I don't see Iowa winning this game or another game all season if Kirk isn't going to make changes to the O-line. D-line will shine but it won't matter if the O-line can't do their part.

My brother-in-law is a huge cyclone fan and follows the team extremely close. He said the final score of their game does not tell the story of the game. He was not very impressed w/ how they looked. Mentioned deckers looked really good but the defense, other than McDonald whose a beast, is no where near where he thought they’d be. I don’t think they’ll score more than 16 against the hawks. Problem is iowa’s defense probably can’t score more than 16.

Not gonna win this one.

Kirk has a choice to make…

Demote his kid and make LeVar woods OC for the next 4 years followed by head coach, or continue the downward spiral of spinning Iowa into the ground and let his kid ruin both recruiting and current state Iowa football.

If he does the former I’ll continue to be of the opinion that he was one of the greats.

if he does the latter, he will kill any and all continuance of the Hayden Fry era and he will be dead to me. Hayden’s legacy will live on but be dead, and Kirk Ferentz will forever be known as the person who killed Iowa football out of spite, stubbornness, and nepotism—and I will hock a huge loogie on any street sign or statue they put up of him, at any opportunity I get. If he continues to let his son drive Iowa football into irrelevancy and comedic value, he will totally negate any good things he did here full stop.

If Kirk thinks keeping the status quo with Brian as the OC I just have to wonder how long before the team quits on him? I remember seeing it in Hayden's last games and it wasn't pretty. There has got to be a sense of resentment building within the team towards the offense. This whole thing won't end well if Kirk still believes his kid is the next HC @ Iowa.

Not gonna win this one.

Kirk has a choice to make…

Demote his kid and make LeVar woods OC for the next 4 years followed by head coach, or continue the downward spiral of spinning Iowa into the ground and let his kid ruin both recruiting and current state Iowa football.

If he does the former I’ll continue to be of the opinion that he was one of the greats.

if he does the latter, he will kill any and all continuance of the Hayden Fry era and he will be dead to me. Hayden’s legacy will live on but be dead, and Kirk Ferentz will forever be known as the person who killed Iowa football out of spite, stubbornness, and nepotism—and I will hock a huge loogie on any street sign or statue they put up of him, at any opportunity I get. If he continues to let his son drive Iowa football into irrelevancy and comedic value, he will totally negate any good things he did here full stop.
Like what you said about the posters who were saying to switch qb. You know this isn't happening.

Serious question. At what point do you stop going to games?

He is dismissive of a need to make a change in anything when brought up, which tells me he is all in on Brian and Petras. Brian has given him no reason for this and Petras has just been along for the ride most of his career with the defense. Iowa can win a lot of games with it's defense. I think they can beat Iowa State and their next three games, but there will be games like Purdue and Michigan where the O has to put up something. Petras is as broken as the offensive line. I don't think I have seen anything like it since Christiansen. Petras lack of improvement is the biggest cause for concern for the future of Iowa football and Kirk's seemingly indifference to it is astounding.