Move it from the rumor category to official

Just a side note. I know one other BT school who Caldwell must have contacted as well. An effort was made but it sounds like his visit to Lincoln sealed the deal. Interestingly enough I was told Burroughs was his host for the weekend.

I still don't understand it but this is a huge addition for the Huskers and will make things even more interesting in the Big 10 next year.

Makes as much sense as any transfer who isn't happy after a coaching change. He met with Cody, asked for a release, visited a few schools, and made a decision to leave. If Burroughs stays around Lincoln he got the best training partner possible in the process.

Yeah, not the Caldwell that you are thinking of John. This Caldwell was only a True Soph last year. Darrion is done now.

lol if it would of been Darrion wow that would of been fun at duals

burroughs can have a lot of pull if he stays around that joint!

lol if it would of been Darrion wow that would of been fun at duals

burroughs can have a lot of pull if he stays around that joint!
Rumor was that Burroughs was going to be a part of the Cyclone wrestling club. Don't think that it was ever official. The question is does Caldwell stay at 165, or go up to 174?

I'm pretty sure that we'll see Caldwell at 174 with fab freshman Robert Kokesh at 165. That will be a VERY nice 1-2 punch for a couple of years.

I also heard a couple weeks ago that Blake Meeks is no longer at Nebraska.

This could definitely throw a wrench in John going there.

Last edited:
Makes as much sense as any transfer who isn't happy after a coaching change. He met with Cody, asked for a release, visited a few schools, and made a decision to leave. If Burroughs stays around Lincoln he got the best training partner possible in the process.

It makes much more sense now that Henson is also heading to Nebraska, as I've heard is the case.

I've heard others say they'd be surprised to see Henson there, but they don't claim to know 100%. What I do know is he visited a couple of schools at least and sam Henson was not with him on his visits.

Latest posts