Most of you are too excited

CaneHawk62

We have done nothing yet. We are four games in to conference play and have played the two worst teams. Ohio State win was nice but we need to beat middle of the conference teams before I get too excited about this group. We beat Michigan Minnesota Indiana and Purdue then I will say we are legit.

it's how fans work man. don't you remember everyone flipping out after the Wisconsin loss? "this isn't a tourney team" "our guard play is terrible" "Fran doesn't have what it takes"

now it's "final four baby" "our guards are the best" "in Fran we trust"

the nature of message boards. it's where crazy people hang out.

So a win on the road against the #3 team in the nation leaves you unproven, yet a home win over Purdue will make the team legit? You are nonsensical.

We have done nothing yet. We are four games in to conference play and have played the two worst teams. Ohio State win was nice but we need to beat middle of the conference teams before I get too excited about this group. We beat Michigan Minnesota Indiana and Purdue then I will say we are legit.

Iowa fans are like that desert survivor that just stumbled upon an oasis. You wouldn't scold the survivor for celebrating. I don't see why you should curtail other fans' excitement. It feels good to be relevant again.

So a win on the road against the #3 team in the nation leaves you unproven, yet a home win over Purdue will make the team legit? You are nonsensical.

Im have my reservations about this team until I see if they can beat Penn State. Then and only then will I get excited.

Every game is big, but winning at OSU was/is special. It shows anything is possible. However, Iowa has to keep proving it. But, is was an unexpected win and people feel good about it.

you ever hang around here during football season? the message board attracts the crazies.......

Agree. beating top 5 teams on the road just isn't what it used to be. beating the top dogs proves nothing until you take care of the cellar, IMO.

it's how fans work man. don't you remember everyone flipping out after the Wisconsin loss? "this isn't a tourney team" "our guard play is terrible" "Fran doesn't have what it takes"

now it's "final four baby" "our guards are the best" "in Fran we trust"

the nature of message boards. it's where crazy people hang out.

I remember a couple people freaking out. Most people understood it was a top 5 team on the road.

In the Big Ten, if you don't come to play every night, any team can beat you on their home floor. People are talking trash about Penn State or Nebraska, I'll be honest, playing either of them on the road is no gimme. You better bring it. I've seen the two guards at Penn State get hot and carry that team for significant minutes...and the guys from Nebraska play hard. Yes, we should beat those teams at their arenas, but hardly gimme wins.

The thing that impresses me about this Iowa team is that they really haven't gotten hot from the outside (from three) in any game and they are still averaging 84 points a game...or whatever. Sure they hit four in the second half, but they still only shot 35% from three or something like that. Gessell, Marble, Uthoff, Ogelsthree, McCabe, and White can all shoot the three and get hot. It's going to happen...I'm hoping it's against MSU, OSU, and Wisky.

Watching people getting "too excited" about bball is 10X more fun than football season when 1/2 the posters around here seem to have their panties too far up their crack (even when things are going well).

Watching people getting "too excited" about bball is 10X more fun than football season when 1/2 the posters around here seem to have their panties too far up their crack (even when things are going well).

It is refreshing to see. There were meltdowns after Iowa WON on the football forum. None worse than after the Northwestern win, I came on hoping to celebrate and you would have thought Iowa had lost based on the threads.

Im have my reservations about this team until I see if they can beat Penn State. Then and only then will I get excited.
Well, PSU is the worst BIG team when it comes to fouling. 4 of the top 7 BIG players in Total Fouls are PSU players. 4 of the top 20 in Fouls -per-game are PSU players. That's not the recipe you want to have to beat a team as deep as Iowa.

14-3, 3-1 and ranked in everyone's top 15. Just beat the #3 on the road. You are not smart.

The problem is we don't play them at home this year. Who really cares if we can beat them on the road.

Exactly, anyone can win on the road. Teams get lucky and slop their way to 80 points in columbus all the time.

Whithout a true home test against a middle of the pack team like psu im just not sure if we will really know if Iowa is any good this year or not.

Latest posts