More tells JBo is coming back?

I appreciate everything JBo has done for the program. I would be great with him coming off the bench and hitting some 3s, and free throws at the end of games. But the thought of a Connor/JBo starting backcourt playing 30 minutes a game makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I want to see what the young guys can do.

If he does you know he will be a starter. There are definitely pluses and minuses to him returning. We didn’t know where we would get our three point shooting and he helps with that. But he will still be a liability on defense.

I wonder if any of the younger players of JT enter the portal if this news is accurate.

lol, I love the tweet and then JBo tweets back asking for sources. So this probably isn't happening.

But with Fredrick moving on I've changed my stance on JBo returning. There is no one better in the transfer portal that can come in and knock down the 3's. If he returns he's good to win at least 2 games when he gets hot, but I wouldn't expect much from him when the big lights come on. He's a guy who can help Iowa get there.

Last edited:
If he doesn't come back who on this roster can hit 3s? Murray can a little. He hit a few big ones and showed potential in that regard but that's about it. I bet Fran has all but been begging JBo to come back

I agree, with CJ gone, we need some 3 point shooting. I dont recall much other shooting prowess returning. I was not pro Jbo returning until CJ left.

Poor defender. No threat to beat anyone off the dribble. Since he can`t beat anyone off the dribble, defrnders play up on him making him an iffy 3 point shooter. No thanks.

Poor defender. No threat to beat anyone off the dribble. Since he can`t beat anyone off the dribble, defrnders play up on him making him an iffy 3 point shooter. No thanks.
Those things have always been true, and yet he somehow stumbled into being the all-time best three point and assist man in school history.

With CJ gone, we do not have a shooter on the roster. I want him back and hope that Fran used him more judiciously and mainly at the 2.

Indifferent.
I am too in the sense that it's JBos call. I won't bash him either way.

I do think him coming back would be more positive then negative with CJ having left. Otherwise we'll be like what UK was last year with hardly anyone that can hit 3 pointers out there. Even as athletic as they are with all the talent they have they still had a bad year or them. Much of that is due to not having much of a 3 pt threat. Our style of play doesn't lend itself to being inside the 3 pt line all the time.

Who knows maybe Perkins Uliss and JT will be better at them then we think. The first 2 haven't really played or taken enough shots to really know yet. JT works hard so he could improve too. Here's to hoping.

This guy is starting to wear me out. He needs to declare his true intentions and quit playing games. Act like a grown man.

This guy is starting to wear me out. He needs to declare his true intentions and quit playing games. Act like a grown man.
Actually I don't blame him on this. Depending on whether he can profit on his Podcast is a huge thing for him and he's waiting to see what happens legislatively.

I think the NCAA needs to quit delaying the inevitable and allow kids to take hold of their NIL.... They are just setting themselves up for a larger mess with some states passing laws for it with others not. Just do it. It's the right thing to do and the sooner you rip off the band aid the sooner the new normal can begin. This way they can have policies in place of how to police it. All this kicking the can down the road crap they've been doing forever is catching up to them and the NCAA seems to be the last to realize it. If they'd pass that JBo would decide.

I hope they stick him at the 2 and let him shoot. Or bring him off the bench for instant offense.

I hope JoeT and Ulis dont transfer
I don't think it happens if that were the case, as in this discussion has already happened. Iowa really needed to add a shooter - personally I'm willing to take a known commodity that is as electric of shooter as Jordan over an unknown commodity that flamed out in a P5 or comes from a smaller conference. Plus, you know he's culturally a fit and already friends and has the respect of everyone in that locker room. This is good for Iowa. IMO. I get it, we have Jordan fatigue. I kind of do too, but IMO, with Iowa needing to add a shooter regardless for next season, I'll take one of the best to ever wear the uni.

Sounds like he's coming back so every 3 pt record in the BIG is going to go down with the extra year asterisk next to it.

Latest posts