More tells JBo is coming back?

I was against it. But now I’m good with it...playing the 2 and no CJ. He can help us most everywhere but on defense. Don’t forget his FT shooting is probably worth a couple wins.

If he doesn't come back who on this roster can hit 3s? Murray can a little. He hit a few big ones and showed potential in that regard but that's about it. I bet Fran has all but been begging JBo to come back
Come to find out I was right about this. (Hey for as often as I'm wrong I can toot my own horn once in a blue moon it's not like anybody else will :) )

I agree, with CJ gone, we need some 3 point shooting. I dont recall much other shooting prowess returning. I was not pro Jbo returning until CJ left.
Why not? It's like you wanted to sample a different food out of the Peking Chinese buffet. JW? Will he come back? Does he have any more eligibility? Can Fran balance the minutes between players? It's fun to see. what Fran can come up with this roster.

We'll see how he does getting the opposing teams best defender night in and night out. I think he will help with his shooting and experience, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't expect huge numbers from him secondary to the above. It's not fair to expect him to put the team on his shoulders, per se.

If Jo Bo seeking 25+ shots on a nightly basis, then Iowa is in trouble.

We'll see how he does getting the opposing teams best defender night in and night out. I think he will help with his shooting and experience, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't expect huge numbers from him secondary to the above. It's not fair to expect him to put the team on his shoulders, per se.

If Jo Bo seeking 25+ shots on a nightly basis, then Iowa is in trouble.
Yeah it's an interesting dynamic. Then there's the JT being the full time #1. Can he play 30 mins a game with minimal mistakes and run the team? Or would JBo have to take over for long stretches? Or would Uliss do it instead? How would they play that?

I really like the idea of JBo at the 2 playing off the ball more and running off screens and shot hunting. This yr it really felt like it was the feed Luka Garza show. (which wasn't all bad by any means) but guys like JBo and CJ I think got less opportunities due to it. I don't think JBo will get 25 shots per game maybe closer to 12-15 tops. I think we'll see a more spread out distribution of players getting shots depending on how their roles end up

Yeah it's an interesting dynamic. Then there's the JT being the full time #1. Can he play 30 mins a game with minimal mistakes and run the team? Or would JBo have to take over for long stretches? Or would Uliss do it instead? How would they play that?

I really like the idea of JBo at the 2 playing off the ball more and running off screens and shot hunting. This yr it really felt like it was the feed Luka Garza show. (which wasn't all bad by any means) but guys like JBo and CJ I think got less opportunities due to it. I don't think JBo will get 25 shots per game maybe closer to 12-15 tops. I think we'll see a more spread out distribution of players getting shots depending on how their roles end up

I actually think they got a little too much tunnel vision on feeding Luka at the end of the year, especially after and when CJ was out with injury. They were a better team when they were balanced and they were bombing 3's.

I actually think they got a little too much tunnel vision on feeding Luka at the end of the year, especially after and when CJ was out with injury. They were a better team when they were balanced and they were bombing 3's.
Yeah it takes guys out of the flow of the game. When you go long stretches without a touch or a shot it's really tough. Shooters need to get their touches. I agree it felt like we force fed Luka at times. Different matchups dictated different things but we were at our best when we had the outside guys all hitting shots too for sure.

I'm not sure scoring points was much of an issue regardless of what formation they came in. We can always be more balanced but sometimes the opposition has something to say about that...........so do injuries.

Latest posts