Mitchell
Mo Fleming
Ekakitie
LBers not named Bo Bower
Wadley
Rugamba
O-line
D. King occasionally on offense

^^^ Part of the recipe for how to take a prohibitive West division favorite and turn them into a disappointment.

Damn, Mitchell isn't hurt and he's not seeing the field at all? Something's wrong...he may have been DJK'd to the doghouse. Let him play TE on obvious passing downs or even not...he can block. We need playmakers...bad...at the TE / WR position.

One answer is possibly Mitchell doesn't want to play receiver? I don't know but maybe he wants to stay at RB and has no interest in moving back to receiver. Another question is where is Johnathan Parker, he is a receiver and he hasn't played. I have not seen an update if he is hurt. What is more concerning is where are some of the receivers that should be stepping up. It is not a good practice to keep asking players to switch if one unit is not performing (obviously barring injuries). As stated many times on the boards it is a combination of poor recruiting and players not developing/stepping up.

Kirk doesn't play someone he doesn't like. Mitchell and Parker may have flashed a peace sign and Kirk thought they were rebelling.

I was JUST wondering about this. I know he was suspended and re-instated within a day, but that was last season. I also know he was dealing with some injuries earlier in the year, but there's been no word on him at all, really. Even the official Iowa Football page just states he didn't make the depth chart this year.

Last season, you generally could expect him to show up for a pass play on 3rd down (IIRC). You put Wadley and Mitchell in and you can create real confusion for the defense.

Latest posts