Minute Distribution Going Forward

HawkIPA

What we saw last night is going to be pretty close to the norm in my opinion once B1G play gets here and in the game at Hilton. Jok didnt play in the 2nd half and IIRC Gabe didnt either. Basically had an 8 man rotation in the 2nd half. If Oglesby comes back he will take some of Marble's minutes and maybe all of Jok's. Cant expect Marble and White to play 36 minutes every game. Surprised Basabe didnt get more run last night and if White could drop down to 30 minutes, Basabe should eat up those extras and play around 18 per game.

Here are the minutes last night:

Marble- 36
White- 36
Uthoff- 24
McCabe- 22
Gesell- 22
Clemmons- 19
Woodbury- 15
Basabe- 12
Olaseni- 11
Jok- 3

What we saw last night is going to be pretty close to the norm in my opinion once B1G play gets here and in the game at Hilton. Jok didnt play in the 2nd half and IIRC Gabe didnt either. Basically had an 8 man rotation in the 2nd half. If Oglesby comes back he will take some of Marble's minutes and maybe all of Jok's. Cant expect Marble and White to play 36 minutes every game. Surprised Basabe didnt get more run last night and if White could drop down to 30 minutes, Basabe should eat up those extras and play around 18 per game.

Here are the minutes last night:

Marble- 36
White- 36
Uthoff- 24
McCabe- 22
Gesell- 22
Clemmons- 19
Woodbury- 15
Basabe- 12
Olaseni- 11
Jok- 3

Jok was in for 3 minutes and hit one 3 and I believe he had another look that looked like it was going in.

I think in the non-conference we will be playing more a guard lineup, but once we get in to conference play, I think our bigs will start to play more minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if Woody and Olaseni are averaging 19 minutes a piece.

It was definetly interesting to see us play with White and Uthoff as the bigs and we did it for a long stretch.

The only thing I don't like about the lineup is we are forced to play zone.

I think we should let someone else take the tip, then call timeout and then let Woodbury play the rest of the game.

Jok was in for 3 minutes and hit one 3 and I believe he had another look that looked like it was going in.

I think in the non-conference we will be playing more a guard lineup, but once we get in to conference play, I think our bigs will start to play more minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if Woody and Olaseni are averaging 19 minutes a piece.

Jok is still terrible on defense and doesnt pass the ball enough.

Not the best ways to get more minutes.

Minutes will be based on match up's and who's hot on any given night. The ability to defend will play a larger role as we get into league play as we have a lot of people who can score but not necessarily create. If he's healthy I think Oglesby has an important role to play.

When we go cold I'd like to see McCabe, Uthoff, Marble, Mike, and Gabe. The first 4 are willing to take big shots, but won't take bad shots (Dev, you're on board with this right?) and Gabe is our best bet for a put back. When Woody, White, and Basabe are on the floor we need Mike and Dev. They all do some things well, but if Sapp comes in we have to have more point production come off the bench IMO. Josh would be a better fit with this group as he's seen as more of an outside threat.

Fran will continue to get this team functioning as more efficient units, and guys will better understand their roles depending on who is on the court with them. I expect us to be playing our best ball at the end of the year.

Jok is still terrible on defense and doesnt pass the ball enough.

Not the best ways to get more minutes.

His defense isn't great by any means but he is slowly coming along. Now passing, you are right on the money there. But Fran wants him to get shots, so that is what he is doing.

His defense isn't great by any means but he is slowly coming along. Now passing, you are right on the money there. But Fran wants him to get shots, so that is what he is doing.

Jok reminds me of Kingsbury....He is always looking to throw up a shot. You have to love the confidence in his game.

Uthoff deserved every minute last night. But I think as a couple of others suggested, it will vary according to match ups.

So much depth is a nice problem to have. Barring injuries this is how I would so average minutes per game ...

Marble- 32
White- 30
Uthoff- 20
McCabe- 20
Gesell- 22
Clemmons- 18
Woodbury- 18
Basabe- 14
Olaseni- 16
Jok- 8
All Others - 2

I would like you to elaborate on why Woodbury deserves one second more than Olaseni?

No personal offense to anyone here but I think this summarizes these kinds of HN discussions after every game:

safe_image.php

No personal offense to anyone here but I think this summarizes these kinds of HN discussions after every game:

safe_image.php

Ha!
How about starting Ukah, Meyer, Denning, Stokes, and suit-and-tie Oglesby? Keep the opposing coach on his toes. Once we're down a quick 10-0 we can bring the real lineups in.

Ha!
How about starting Ukah, Meyer, Denning, Stokes, and suit-and-tie Oglesby? Keep the opposing coach on his toes. Once we're down a quick 10-0 we can bring the real lineups in.
Still feel the need to rip Oglesby even when he is injured and not playing????

Latest posts