Minnesota @ #4 Iowa Game Thread

Everybody crying and whining about a win...this is the big 10...we are in 1st place...a win by one point is a victory. Quit crying. Enjoy. Maybe next year you will be happier when aren't 20-5 and in sole possession of 1st in the big ten.

Agreed. But there are some issues, some red flags that are starting to rear it's ugly head.

I hope we don't have any more Sunday night games. That said, after all of the hand wringing, teeth gnashing, and hair pulling after the Indiana game, we're in the exact same position now as we were before that game. Alone in first place with a game lead with two less games to play. (I guess we actually gained a half game on Mary over the weekend.) I think we should take that and bank it. Not bad.

Ja
5472051.jpg

Utah with 24 points, 15 rebounds, and 6 blocks.

Wow

As for the bigger picture...this is the time of year that things get interesting. 25 games in, keeping your guys focused and fresh isn't easy. Especially the younger guys, the tend to hit the wall...which is why our bench is struggling a bit. Surviving the rough nights is the mark of a good team.

It's this time of year that has given Izzo, Coach "K" and few others their reputations...they pace their coaching and team development with an eye on February and early March.

This year is Fran's chance to show that he's one of those kind of guys. He's built the team he wants. If they fade again... he's not there, at least not yet.

Last edited:
Agreed. But there are some issues, some red flags that are starting to rear it's ugly head.

Name another team in the BIG... check that, name another team in the country.... that doesn't have some issues or red flags. There are no teams that are consistently dominant, or are clearly ahead of the pack. Iowa had a bad game (not much from the bench, poor FT shooting, and stupid fouls at the end), but they still found a way to win. Iowa is one of the few teams that does not have any bad losses.

Wow

As for the bigger picture...this is the time of year that things get interesting. 25 games in, keeping your guys focused and fresh isn't easy. Especially the younger guys, the tend to hit the wall...which is why our bench is struggling a bit. Surviving the rough nights is the mark of a good team.
My thoughts exactly. They'll get their second wind. They'll be fine.

They're 0-13 in the B14 with an average margin of loss of nearly 12 points a game. Most recently losing by 8 at home to a struggling Michigan team and 24 point road loss @ NwU.

Yup, a real threat, those Gophers, especially to a #1 seed team.

Dude ...

Michigan State-8 points, Indiana-7 points, @ Michigan-5 points, Purdue-4 points, @Michigan-8 points. That's 5 games against good teams that finished in single digits. It happens. Let's spazz out though.

I mean, yeah, it's one thing to think we didn't play well last night, we didn't BUT PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY POSTING THAT WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A COLLAPSE AFTER A GAME WE WON

Literally every long season sport has ups and downs. I know people are used to football but a sport with a 30+ game season doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
It's a journey... the season. Enjoy it, Iowa is on top of the sport. People said we weren't even NIT worthy after the game in Ames. The mindset of many Iowa hoop fans on HawkeyeNation make me embarrassed for them. I know most fans are enjoying the heck out of this team.

Michigan State-8 points, Indiana-7 points, @ Michigan-5 points, Purdue-4 points, @Michigan-8 points. That's 5 games against good teams that finished in single digits. It happens. Let's spazz out though.

I mean, yeah, it's one thing to think we didn't play well last night, we didn't BUT PEOPLE ARE LITERALLY POSTING THAT WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A COLLAPSE AFTER A GAME WE WON

Literally every long season sport has ups and downs. I know people are used to football but a sport with a 30+ game season doesn't work that way.

You're literally using the word literally too much.

Latest posts