Miller vs DiNardo on Twitter

PeoriaHWKI

Anybody else catch this? It was great. Jon went right at him ( respectfully). It was very good stuff. Jon should have posted it on here. When I saw Dinardos initial tweet about facilities I was scratching my head as well. Way to go Miller!

Anybody else catch this? It was great. Jon went right at him ( respectfully). It was very good stuff. Jon should have posted it on here. When I saw Dinardos initial tweet about facilities I was scratching my head as well. Way to go Miller!

Moar details please or just post the entire convo.

DiNardo is a blowhard. btw, pssst, please keep this on the dl.......he wasn't a great coach.....ever.

What he's saying is a soundbite, and easy out....and JDM called him out on it.

After they debated facilities and recruiting budgets for awhile, DiNardo says "B1G needs rule changes and bigger personnel departments. Should fight for both." It would be interesting to know what rule changes he means.

I think oversigning policy needs to be harmonized nationally rather than relying on the conferences. SEC policy improved a bit last year under public pressure, but is still a competitive advantage and unfair to kids IMHO.

I actually have always found it kind of sad that Jon doesn't share the view or more aptly have the vision to see what DiNardo is saying.

Because Jon has a type of following that could maybe force some change or at least affect policy.

While I agree the B1G is never, ever, ever going to catch the SEC, they very well may end up the MAC. I could argue they already have on the field. That's really what's at stake here. Relevance. And The B1G is losing it each year.

I actually have always found it kind of sad that Jon doesn't share the view or more aptly have the vision to see what DiNardo is saying.

Because Jon has a type of following that could maybe force some change or at least affect policy.

While I agree the B1G is never, ever, ever going to catch the SEC, they very well may end up the MAC. I could argue they already have on the field. That's really what's at stake here. Relevance. And The B1G is losing it each year.

Well hey, at least we had a team ranked in the top 10 last year and a winning record vs the MVC this year.

After they debated facilities and recruiting budgets for awhile, DiNardo says "B1G needs rule changes and bigger personnel departments. Should fight for both." It would be interesting to know what rule changes he means.

I think oversigning policy needs to be harmonized nationally rather than relying on the conferences. SEC policy improved a bit last year under public pressure, but is still a competitive advantage and unfair to kids IMHO.

Jim Delany failed miserably for a decade to "harmonize" oversigning. More than a decade actually.
His single biggest failure in a long, long list of failures. And spare me the BTN gibberish. He was forced into that and it would be what it is today with or without Jimbo. That whole Network is built on the backs of huge alumni numbers, not anything ole Jim did.

Jim Delany failed miserably for a decade to "harmonize" oversigning. More than a decade actually.
His single biggest failure in a long, long list of failures. And spare me the BTN gibberish. He was forced into that and it would be what it is today with or without Jimbo. That whole Network is built on the backs of huge alumni numbers, not anything ole Jim did.

CycloneTV>B10 Network

#Momentum

No, they won't. The MAC doesn't have 70,000-110,000 person stadiums that they fill every Saturday. The MAC doesn't have the largest alumni network in the world. The MAC doesn't have the richest TV deal in college football.

The B1G will be relevant as long as it's rich. The B1G will be rich as long as people follow their teams.

I agree that it should be changed as your suggesting. But I wouldn't say that it's unfair to the kids in this sense. The kids (and their parents) should know ahead of time what they are getting into. If you know their is a chance due to over signing that you may be gray shirted or bumped off later on then those are the breaks. It's like complaining about how Manziel should get paid to sign all those signatures. Well no those were the rules. He chose to accept the scholarship saying he couldn't do that. If you don't agree with that don't sign....Fight the rules before agreeing to follow them..

No, they won't. The MAC doesn't have 70,000-110,000 person stadiums that they fill every Saturday. The MAC doesn't have the largest alumni network in the world. The MAC doesn't have the richest TV deal in college football.

The B1G will be relevant as long as it's rich. The B1G will be rich as long as people follow their teams.

depends on what your definition of relevant is.
If its about relevance in competition, then no, they aren't going to always be relevant. They're hardly relevant now. Really only Ohio St is in the B1G.

I'd just ask you how long does anything stay relevant with a mediocre product?
Not long typically. The B1G is not immune to that.

A lot of people get a false sense of security because the B1G collects fat stacks. What they don't realize is that those fat stacks are generated, not because of the product, but because of the sheer numbers of alumni. After a while people are going to find other outlets. They already are.

I'd just ask you how long does anything stay relevant with a mediocre product?

McDonald's, pop music, reality TV, ... popularity does not always = quality or longevity

BUT... one could also suggest the "product" in college football is much more than just how good the team on the field is. The gameday experience is a big part of why people travel many miles to an IOWA game (and many others)

I never heard a word about "facilities" being an issue with recruits until the last 6 months. I think its after-the-fact BS rationale.

Makes sense.

Only the NCAA can establish a consistent nationwide oversigning rule. Not sure how that becomes the "single biggest failure" of one conference commissioner. And I didn't say a word about the BTN... but would be interested in hearing more about how Delany was "forced into it".

McDonald's, pop music, reality TV, ... popularity does not always = quality or longevity

BUT... one could also suggest the "product" in college football is much more than just how good the team on the field is. The gameday experience is a big part of why people travel many miles to an IOWA game (and many others)

I agree with that. I don't think college football can be completely compared to anything else in the market place. There are similarities to other industries, but I would like it if college football would not be looked at like some industry. I think that argument has be lost, though.