Miller: Mad Again; Hawks Lost to Wisconsin

Great post Jon, you described most of our emotions to a T! I'm sick and tired of Bo and Roy williams coming to Iowa and taking our best players, The Hawkeyes have inmproved so much since the Northwestern game, hope it equates to a few more wins, Fran reminds me so much of Lute back in the late 70's, the handshake after the game said it all: Be ready the next time we play.

Last edited:
After the game, I had the same feelings. I also thought that it will be nice to have a second season to look forward to, other than football recruiting.

Agree 100% Jon, although I felt this way on Sunday in the Indiana game. These last two were the first two in a long time that I was living and breathing every single possession. Good times.

I absolutely agree with Fran's decision to have Bryce keep it and create. He is the only player on the team with that ability, and that is his game. He got a good look and he darn near had it. Had Fran called a timeout it is possible that Bryce never gets the ball in his hands as you know Wisky was going to do everything it could to deny him. It was the right call, the right shot, it was just off the mark.

I also was proud that Iowa didn't wilt in OT. It's deflating to know you had it in regulation after leading almost the entire game. They fought and still had a chance at the end...THAT time I wish they'd have called a TO. Get a shot for Gatens. ;)

I was also in my man cave going nuts during this game and I texted one of my buddies with about 5-6 min left in the game "Whether or not we win this game Iowa basketball is back!!"

It is great to once again get excited for Iowa basketball.

so let me get this straight...Jon runs an iowa website and admits that he hasnt cared about basketball for years. posters in this thread admit the same.

that is really pathetic, and part of the overall problem. its called being a bandwagon fan.

so let me get this straight...Jon runs an iowa website and admits that he hasnt cared about basketball for years. posters in this thread admit the same.

that is really pathetic, and part of the overall problem. its called being a bandwagon fan.

No, it's called being a fairweather fan.

I have cared for Iowa basketball ever since I can remember. I have always cheered them on and was happy with victories and dissappointed with losses.

I think the excitement is that the fanbase is excited with the direction that we see the team going. We are on our way back to NCAA tourneys and top half of the conference finishes.

I now look forward to and am excited for upcoming games. The 2 years before this I watched all the games that were on TV but could not say I was looking forward to them. Did I cheer any less? Absolutely not.

Went to the game last night with a few friends. Been a while since I have been to one.

We all agreed that we have really enjoyed watching Iowa play the last month or so and should head to Carver-Hawkeye to support them.

GREAT atmosphere. The crowd was really into it. If the Hawks keep improving like they are, it will be a difficult ticket to get.

Fran is the right man for the job. No doubt.

This is incorrect. I can't speak for Jon or anyone else, but I never miss a game and always cheer for the Hawks, bad season or not. Hawkeye basketball has been my favorite sport to watch since the early 80's and March Madness is my favorite sports spectacle of the year when the Hakws are involved.

After enduring what we all have over the course of the last decade or so, it is human nature for a bit of apathy to set in. It's really a defense mechanism to guard yourself from impending disappointment.

This is incorrect. I can't speak for Jon or anyone else, but I never miss a game and always cheer for the Hawks, bad season or not. Hawkeye basketball has been my favorite sport to watch since the early 80's and March Madness is my favorite sports spectacle of the year when the Hawks are involved.

After enduring what we all have over the course of the last decade or so, it is human nature for a bit of apathy to set in. It's really a defense mechanism to guard yourself from impending disappointment.

I have cared, and always hoped they would win. Now, I care, believing they actually can win.

Unfortunately, the brand of basketball and the product on the floor in recent years has been pathetic. There have been numerous times that were it not my job to do so, I would not have watched and would have written about something else instead. That has nothing to do with the kids, as I always pull for them and appreciate their efforts and the price they pay as a Big Ten athlete.

But the Lickliter era is what I am talking about, and it was the worst three years in Iowa basketball history, and I am not gonna lie to you and say that I was eager to watch every game. I was not.

About this time the last three years, I was eager for it to end.

Last edited:
Watched the game at a local bar last night, about 8 Hawk fans were watching the game and getting excited and yelling at the tv. It is fun to watch a competitive Hawkeye basketball team again.

I'm FUC*ING P!SSED!!!! How's that for being mad?!? We had that one. Bad shot at the end of regulation.

Really eddy? Bad shot at the end of regulation? You do realize, that was exactly the same shot that won the Indy game don't you? I thought it was a great shot that nearly went in.

Watched the game at a local bar last night, about 8 Hawk fans were watching the game and getting excited and yelling at the tv. It is fun to watch a competitive Hawkeye basketball team again.

completely agree. It's been awhile since I've yelled at the TV. Hard to believe we'd see a better start with any other coach. It feels like Barta got this right with McCaffery

we watched the indiana game at wellmans west last weekend and there were multiple tables of iowa fans into the game. it was great to see.

On top of the crowd being great, there was a large section of red immediately across the aisle from me that was pretty darn quiet for nearly the entire game. It was nice to see them sitting there in disbelief. It was more of a sigh of relief than jubilation from them after the game finally ended.

I was doing the exact same thing Jon except I forgot they were on and turned it on mid way through the first half and for the first time in as many years they caught my attention and kept it. My surround sound was turned up, and I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time. While the record doesn't show it this team is going to get it done in another year or two. Basabe is the most exciting freshman I have seen in a long time and will be soemthing special come his senior year. Get pumped Hawk Fans! A new day is coming!

I was so excited for Iowa basketball, I missed half of Modern Family to watch the game. I don't think I have to tell you how significant that is!

Latest posts