Miller: La Cosa Longhorns

It isn't bad info. He's been right. While other "experts" had the opinion that Notre Dame would join the Big Ten and the rest of the conferences would remain largely unchanged...Chip told what was really happening. Slant or no slant, puppet or not, he's been right on.

Chip has been right about information concerning Texas. Nothing else.

Chip has been right about information concerning Texas. Nothing else.

All information on expansion has concerned Texas. He's been right on about all of it. He hasn't been incorrect about anything that I have seen. Again, while other "experts" have offered only speculation, he offered facts that turned out to be true.

I hope UT goes west, but I keep thinking about the previous correspondence between Ohio State and Texas. Makes no sense that A&M is think about splitting to the SEC, without UT, unless UT was eyeing the Big Ten. I don't completely trust Chip Brown's reports.

All information on expansion has concerned Texas. He's been right on about all of it. He hasn't been incorrect about anything that I have seen.

Um, other than his repeated insistence that Texas and the Big Ten haven't talked. You need to check the link I posted earlier in the thread. He's nailed some stuff, but has been wrong about plenty.

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Don't worry, Nebraska and Colorado aren't going anywhere. The Big 12 is Alive and Well.

Where'd you find the photo of tiggerhawk?

Sweet! My first career five-point move! And the good news is Nebraskans actually know that nomanclature and the Longhorn fans don't. We're code talking to them ;)

It took me well over a minute to read, so I'll give you riding time as well.

Which brings you half-way to a major decision!

Chip Brown also "broke the news" that Texas legislators were going to pressure the Pac 10 into taking Baylor instead of Colorado. So he ain't exactly batting 1.000. (A baseball reference, which Texans will be able to understand.) ;)

I think Jon's central point here is that Brown's "blame Nebraska" talk is Texas party line propaganda. UT officials fed him some inside scoops so he could make a name for himself as a "journalist." Now he's trying to use this new reputation to present Texas talking points as if they were "news."

Texas is shocked. Shocked! That teams have been considering leaving the Big 12.

Many thanks for watching our backs from another Husker. The last 14 years have been a lesson in suffering with arrogance and overbearing self-centered behavior.

In all actuality, the decision to join the B10 conference was less about revenue sharing than it was about lack of conference security. Texas was unwilling to commit 100% to the conference (by shelving Bevo Network) and turning over media rights to the conference. Bevo Network (instead of the B12 Network) would have caused the conference to suffer a slow, agonizing death. Texas stranglehold on the conference would have also been completed by this action.

This is the 2nd conference in the last 15 years that Texas has destroyed. I certainly hope that the PacX is smart enough to put a leash around the Whorns' collective necks before they sign on the dotted line. Even so, they do not have any clue what type of manipulation and deception they are in for with their new brethren.

Actually he is slanting the news and breaking news at the same time. He has been dead on with how things will ultimately play out.

Actually, not true. He indicated that the B10 was not interested in us. He also indicated that Texas was approached by the B10 (according to Delany, that wasn't an accurate statement).

Chip Brown was thoroughly used by Texas to attempt to manipulate us into staying in the B12. His slanted viewpoint (provided courtesy of Texas) exposed him as a spokesperson for the Whorns rather than as a professional journalist.

I haven't seen anything posted wrong yet by Chip Brown, but I guess we will find out soon enough as he and Joe Schad are giving conflicting reports.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything posted wrong yet by Chip Brown, but I guess we will find out soon enough as he and Joe Schad are giving conflicting reports.

Umm, Jon's opening post in this thread just shows how wrong and full of it Chip has been.

Anybody who claims that the Big 12 was surprised by Nebraska leaving is so full of **** that if you squeezed their head it would come out their ears.

I saw this going on each week this past fall. It was the TV show called "V". The V's used a reporter to make them look good in the eyes of the world but behind the scenes Earth Armageddon was building. It makes for good TV...not reality. Texas is trying to do the same thing behind the scenes while Chip is tooting the Texas horn.

He's reporting what Texas told him...that wasn't wrong. Texas is the weasel, Chip did his job.

His job is to CONFIRM it, not simply repeat it.

Brown has 1 source in Texas.
Schad has 4 sources in the Big 12.

You tell me who looks more reliable at face value, who looks like they've actually done their homework. Who actually come across as a real journalist.

At this point, somebody within Texas could tell Chipper that the sky is green and he'd report it as fact.

His job is to CONFIRM it, not simply repeat it.

Brown has 1 source in Texas.
Schad has 4 sources in the Big 12.

You tell me who looks more reliable at face value, who looks like they've actually done their homework. Who actually come across as a real journalist.

At this point, somebody within Texas could tell Chipper that the sky is green and he'd report it as fact.

He is reporting "what sources close to Texas say". That's it. It's the same thing that Joe Schad is doing.

And Chip was right again. Seriously. EVERYONE only knows as much as what Chip knows. This guy is right on the money. Is Texas a weasel, yes. Is Chip a puppet, just as any "insider" is.

If you want to know what is going to happen next in the expansion saga, Chip is your best source for information, there isn't a close second.

Jon, excellent post with points dead on as usual.
Makes me wonder if Texas will be surprised that:
-Missouri is not exactly happy with the Big 12 and wants to go someplace else
-The sun will rise tomorrow

Go Hawks!

If you want to know what is going to happen next in the expansion saga, Chip is your best source for information, there isn't a close second.

LMAO! He was wrong about Baylor. Wrong about the Pac-10. Wrong about Texas never talking to the Big Ten. Go to orangebloods.com forums and you'll find even more - many of his own readers have turned against him.

On a purely factual basis, Palpatine's predictions have been more accurate.

Latest posts