Miller: La Cosa Longhorns

First you say that NE brings nothing of value to the conference and then you turn right around in the last sentence and say it's all about the money. It can't be both.

And please, please, tell me that you just aren't realizing that it's all about the money. My friend, it's been about the money since the invention of television.

You're correct. Maybe I should have said; Delaney's perception of a great deal of money.....The questions that remain are, Why nebraska? And, at whose expense?

BTW this was a great article by Jon. He nailed it. you could tell from the comments made by the Nebraska chancellor that the officials at Nebraska are plenty sick of being made out as the bad guy in this situation

Pardon my ignorance, Jon, but what do you envision as the end result here?
Do you expect fewer (but larger) conferences in the future?
It seems to me that you would need to play more conference games to determine a realistic ranking within that conference..

Chip Brown is quickly becoming the perfect example of journalism gone bad.

He gets the early insider info, but then doesn't realize that he's simply become the mouth piece, regurgitating whatever he is told by Texas. He's just enjoying all the attention he's getting, even though Texas has already thrown him to the wolves.

Greetings, Hawkeyes. Just popped in b/c Jon's OP was noted on a Husker board. I thought the sentiment was kind and the welcome sincere. Very grateful, and looking forward to Big Ten action going forward. Feels like a good place to be already. Thanks, guys, for "having our back(s)" -- we'll aspire to be equally classy if you ever need us to have yours. Peace. Out.

In a world of TMZ, blogging and Twitter where inside information is coveted, Chip Brown has been as accurate as I can remember about a story with this much attention. Who cares if he's Texas' mouthpiece? That's his job as an insider; to create relationships in order to uncover inside info. You don't think the Chris Mortensen's and Jay Glazer's of the world are used as mouthpiece's? Chip Brown has been fortunate enough to be handed a winning lottery ticket and he's done a great job cashing it in.

I didn't know who he was before this, but going forward, I'll view him as credible anytime he shares news.

In a world of TMZ, blogging and Twitter where inside information is coveted, Chip Brown has been as accurate as I can remember about a story with this much attention. Who cares if he's Texas' mouthpiece? That's his job as an insider; to create relationships in order to uncover inside info. You don't think the Chris Mortensen's and Jay Glazer's of the world are used as mouthpiece's? Chip Brown has been fortunate enough to be handed a winning lottery ticket and he's done a great job cashing it in.

I didn't know who he was before this, but going forward, I'll view him as credible anytime he shares news.

You're missing the point. Texas is feeding him bad information and mis-information left and right. He's spitting it back out like it's gospel. He's not breaking news, he's slanting news the way Texas wants it to be seen.

You're missing the point. Texas is feeding him bad information and mis-information left and right. He's spitting it back out like it's gospel. He's not breaking news, he's slanting news the way Texas wants it to be seen.
Actually he is slanting the news and breaking news at the same time. He has been dead on with how things will ultimately play out.

A Texan playing with facts to slant the news to get people to believe a misperception in order to serve the selfish desires of his fellow Texans? Come on, that doesn't happen.

Actually he is slanting the news and breaking news at the same time. He has been dead on with how things will ultimately play out.

When it comes to what might happen with Texas, he has been right more often than not. However, when it comes to what might happen with other schools, he's been dead wrong more often than not.

When it comes to what might happen with Texas, he has been right more often than not. However, when it comes to what might happen with other schools, he's been dead wrong more often than not.

The thing that turns my stomach (a bit.. I don't care too much) is the lying/propoganda etc... trying to set Nebraska up as the fall guy... when the whole time TX has been looking at SEVERAL options outside the Big12. On top of sticking it to the old big8 since the get go... had TX cultivated a strong conference (sharing revenue, letting the Big12 start their TV network etc...) the Big12 would be staying together... but that wasn't good enough for TX... so.. here they are... poor horns...

But yeah... his info has been good...;)

It's been fun to watch/read... heck yeah

Nope. It would've been a two point takedown, followed up by a three point near-fall.:D

Sweet! My first career five-point move! And the good news is Nebraskans actually know that nomanclature and the Longhorn fans don't. We're code talking to them ;)

Sweet! My first career five-point move! And the good news is Nebraskans actually know that nomanclature and the Longhorn fans don't. We're code talking to them ;)

Great point! The more I read, the more I keep thinking that the Big Ten should not even consider Texas anymore. Do we really want these arrogant idiots in our conference?

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Don't worry, Nebraska and Colorado aren't going anywhere. The Big 12 is Alive and Well.

It isn't bad info. He's been right. While other "experts" had the opinion that Notre Dame would join the Big Ten and the rest of the conferences would remain largely unchanged...Chip told what was really happening. Slant or no slant, puppet or not, he's been right on.

Latest posts