Miller: Hawks Not Special, Fall to Arizona

I can think of one more word that now describes him

BAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, there are a few others, but I'm not about to get the ax for losing my temper.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, there are a few others, but I'm not about to get the ax for losing my temper.

Ha! Yeah, I have been drinking a little so my patients for idiots is lacking so I have probably been too active in approaching them.

Blaming the loss on special teams is a cop out Jon. Yes they were awful in the first half but in the second half when Iowa fought back and tied the game it was the O-line that let the team down. They couldn't establish a running game all night and when it mattered most in the 4th quarter, they gave Stanzi no time to do anything. Going into the Big Ten season I'd be more worried about the O-line than the special teams

Blaming the loss on special teams is a cop out Jon. Yes they were awful in the first half but in the second half when Iowa fought back and tied the game it was the O-line that let the team down. They couldn't establish a running game all night and when it mattered most in the 4th quarter, they gave Stanzi no time to do anything. Going into the Big Ten season I'd be more worried about the O-line than the special teams

Iowa lost the football game. I am not saying otherwise. But when you dig a hole like that, and special teams sure as heck had the spade in their hand doing the digging, it changes the entire complexion of what AZ would do defensively.

I am not worried about the OL, because of this fact.

Really? Don't you have enough on your plate worrying about getting beat by UNI again next week?

If anything, Stoops took a big gamble. They blitzed HARD all game because of the hole that that the early miscues dug us. And when we tied it up, they didn't change their gameplan at all. They took a BIG risk, and it paid off. 5 guys can't block 8 or 9. Just ain't gonna happen.

Five guys cannot block 8 or 9. But the right formation and play can burn them.

And Iowa did that more tonight than they have in recent memory IMO...and they were unable to execute on some of those chances, too...DJK dropped TD..McNutt deflected pass for a pick six. Those are huge swings right there. But the hole was too deep.

Jon: Agreed. Really did seem to have the shots and couldn't convert some key chances. Last drive was more than a little troubling though. Basically Stoops dictated terms there.

This team is better than this and we all know it...perhaps that is the most frustrating thing about it. Losing to better teams is one thing but losing like this...just makes me bitter. The things Iowa usually excels in...weren't so excellent tonight. This sucks.

It is funny how we always lose to teams that are not better than us.

Why do we belly ache when the other team has a little luck and beats us but last year as we all know we had our share of luck against teams such as UNI, Indiana, MSU and even Michigan and it was fine. We are a good team but in this day and age no matter how much bettter you think your team is luck has a big part of who wins.

It's funny in your article you talk about how they blitzed us all night long and especially on the last series. My question is....where were the screen passes?! I remember none and what about draws? I know AZ did that a few times to us and it worked great. Lots of blame to go around I guess.

I was waiting for a quick-hitting screen pass too. Bottom line is the Hawks spotted the Cats an early 14 and lost by 7.

Latest posts