Mike Stoops sighting?

007hawk

Don't have time to go back on all the threads but is anyone able to confirm a Mike Stoops sighting in I.C.? This guy could bring a renewed sense of passion to our defense. I refuse to accept this "plain vanilla" defense of Parker's. We really need somone with some fresh ideas for keeping our opponents from executing their game plans.

Last edited:
He was at yesterdays practice. He will be leading the team out with the dog "hawkeye" at his side.

I didnt' see him but you think he's going to stop running a vanilla defense? KF will demand we run ol' vanilla and it really doesn't matter who the D coordinator would be.

"Under Parker's direction, Iowa has ranked among the top 10 in the nation in rushing defense four times. Iowa has been in the top 10 in scoring defense in each of the past two seasons after ranking 12th in 2007." (From 2010 preseason blurb.)

Arizona was mediocre to poor on defense with Stoops as head coach and his brother as defensive coordinator. Why would anyone think Stoops would do so well at Iowa?

173575-occupy-herbstreit.jpg

He is the lead defensive coordinator for Cain's campaign strategy for Iowa Caucus, probably just scouting the area.

I saw him at Menards buying some outdoor black paint and a really really long ladder, mumbling something about hospital , schmospital.

Latest posts