Mike Leach

He mostly got sideways with a visible media person over concussion treatment. Not saying tge accusations were wrong.

Ww all know a coach that dismissed a player after 2 concussions for make the bad choice of using a substance that is now acceptable in concussion protocol. This coach also used to report on average only 1 Hawk concussion per year.

Many of you likely know the names of 2 legendary HS coaches that get accolades. One got hs girl pregnant and the other like to grab players by the mask and run there heads into goal posts.

Who you offend makes a big difference. Abuse in sports is common.
Like I've said before, insinuation isn't an acceptable substitute for overtly trying to take threads in an OT direction. If you need the definition of insinuation spelled out for everyone's benefit I can do that.

Last time I'm going to say it.

We get that you don't like the Iowa football staff and think it has a dark underbelly. We hear it every day multiple times. But taking every other thread and saying stuff like, "we all know an Iowa coach who XYZ" or, "we all know a coach who did ABC", or "there's a certain person we all know who..." to derail the thread isn't going to happen.

Do threads get derailed sometimes? Absolutely.

Are we going to keep constantly derailing them into vagueries about Ferentz and his staff? No.

So go ahead and cue up your next bi-monthly rambling pissed off post about how I suck and I'm unfair and all your other tired little stuff that doesn't bother me. I know it's coming, you know it's coming...we all know it is. But you're not going to take a thread about Mike Leach and use it for your soapbox to bash Ferentz without naming Ferentz. If you keep doing it, I won't ban you because that's what you want, but I'll turn off your posting ability. And don't tell us you're leaving. The last 3 times you've said you were exiling yourself you logged in multiple times a day. Either way, you're done posting on this thread.

Probably too soon but did he leave a will and who is getting the offensive playbook?
I wonder if that kid who transferred and trolled Leach on Twitter deleted it. I thought it was hilarious, and I have a feeling Leach (with his sense of humor and personality) probably thought it was too.

I wonder if that kid who transferred and trolled Leach on Twitter deleted it. I thought it was hilarious, and I have a feeling Leach (with his sense of humor and personality) probably thought it was too.
If anyone would have appreciated it of all the coaches out there I agree it woulda been him.

Hate to lose people at age 61 no matter who you are. I always appreaciate the Iowa connections from Iowa Wesleyan to the short turn with the stoops. An innovator as a coach and bit kookie for sure. If you havent yet ..get your BP checked often people and look to meds diet and exercise to live a long life.

I had a cousin in his early 50's who had a "widow maker". He went down his stairs and got to the first floor and went down at the bottom. He called for his daughter who was upstairs with her new child. He instantly turned purple and pretty much bled out to death in his chest within 10 min. Ambulance and paramedics weren't even fast enough. Only like 3% of people in that situation have a chance and those are prob the individuals who are in an institution with the medical care and equipment on site. They have a slim chance but if you are on the outskirts of town, no way. Unfortunate.
Sounds like the poor fellow had a dissecting aortic aneurysm

Last edited:
I cut my beers down to a max of 10 per month (broke it by 2 last month and 3 in October but will finish under 120 for the year) and I seriously feel 10 years younger.
Impressive. You cut down on other alcohol too, or just beer? I eat pretty well, and am lucky with a runner's build and metabolism. But I like good IPAs and pale ales, and light beer in certain instances. And wine. I cut out hard alcohol except for in more limited occasions, mostly because I noticed for me it was harder to keep track of my intake when drinking at home and also harder on my liver.

But I sort of wonder how my body would feel cutting down the beer and wine, too. Like you mention, I'm guessing pretty good.

Impressive. You cut down on other alcohol too, or just beer? I eat pretty well, and am lucky with a runner's build and metabolism. But I like good IPAs and pale ales, and light beer in certain instances. And wine. I cut out hard alcohol except for in more limited occasions, mostly because I noticed for me it was harder to keep track of my intake when drinking at home and also harder on my liver.

But I sort of wonder how my body would feel cutting down the beer and wine, too. Like you mention, I'm guessing pretty good.

I don't think I've had more than 10 ounces of hard liquor in a year since probably 2016. My family absolutely has a genetic predisposition to alcoholism and my cousin died from alcoholism when he was 37 so that really turned me off to the brown and I was never a big fan of the clear. I do enjoy wine, but I probably haven't had more than 3 bottles cumulatively all year.

When I lived in Evanston I drank a large heavy IPA on the train almost every night after work. I cut those out the first time I got fat and lost over 40 pounds.

Sounds like the poor fellow had a dissecting aortic aneurysm

I think it was this. We were told he had a widowmaker heart attack. Both would have a similar outcome, though. I'm not sure if he bled out in his chest which would point to what you state. I guess I presumed that with how fast he turned purple, but that could be due to lack of oxygen, I suppose.

A widowmaker heart attack happens when you have a blockage in the biggest artery in your heart. That means blood can't move through your left anterior descending (LAD) artery, which provides 50% of your heart muscle's blood supply. Immediate treatment is crucial for a chance at survival.