Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
She certainly is a highly intelligent professional. But of course, since you disagree with her views, she is now “biased” and “crazy.” Just so you will understand my context, I have followed politics off and on since Eisenhower was president. I did not hear the term “fake news” until 3+ years ago.

I believe she received a scholarship for Rhodes University or something like that

:cool:

She certainly is a highly intelligent professional. But of course, since you disagree with her views, she is now “biased” and “crazy.” Just so you will understand my context, I have followed politics off and on since Eisenhower was president. I did not hear the term “fake news” until 3+ years ago.
Professional? She spews One Way Think propaganda. Plus, she has crazy eyes. Perhaps they are fake.

Dirt, you are a good guy. Nobody, nobody, does not believe that all lives matter, including our black brothers and sisters. Black lives matter brings to our attention something unique that infests our society...that would be embedded racism. Come on. This is not that complicated.
Have you talked to all black brothers and sisters about this topic? That would be a big job. With black on black murders so tragically high, black lives don't seem to matter much to blacks. So it seems...

Abortion is just one example of how all lives don't matter.

Why can't every American citizen prior to every public playing of the national anthem, bend a knee and chant..."All Lives Matter." Then after the "knees" have the national anthem and play the game. Sounds simple and fair. We can support life and honor our flag and those who serve, and have a game united. We can uplift all lives as one, without discrimination, we can keep the national anthem free of public protests, and enjoy the game as one. With Iowa winning of course, preferably against Wisconsin.

Professional? She spews One Way Think propaganda. Plus, she has crazy eyes. Perhaps they are fake.
Have you talked to all black brothers and sisters about this topic? That would be a big job. With black on black murders so tragically high, black lives don't seem to matter much to blacks. So it seems...

Abortion is just one example of how all lives don't matter.

Why can't every American citizen prior to every public playing of the national anthem, bend a knee and chant..."All Lives Matter." Then after the "knees" have the national anthem and play the game. Sounds simple and fair. We can support life and honor our flag and those who serve, and have a game united. We can uplift all lives as one, without discrimination, we can keep the national anthem free of public protests, and enjoy the game as one. With Iowa winning of course, preferably against Wisconsin.

Seems like you don't understand the whole premise of BLM.

The protests are about police killing black people. In current state, with few prosecutions for the killing of these black people, it would seem that our culture doesn't believe black lives matter.

Why does that offend so many white people? Says a lot.

The thought that everyone should just be nice and sing Kumbaya is great, but doesn't call attention to this specific injustice.
One approach is passive, and the other is actively anti racist.

The protests are about police killing black people. In current state, with few prosecutions for the killing of these black people, it would seem that our culture doesn't believe black lives matter.

The thought that everyone should just be nice and sing Kumbaya is great, but doesn't call attention to this specific injustice.

He does get it. The Reverend Kevin doesn't care.

It's good to see people speaking out about the rights of people in this country.

And Mike Gundy has.

He is given the same freedoms as you, Rob.
Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure the First Amendment offers Non-Liberals the same freedoms.

Maybe if he had worn a weird scarf and took a knee?

If he didn't vote for PRESIDENT Donald Trump it wouldn't that big of an issue.

Lefties are striking while the iron is hot right now. F the Police and all

I am not offended at all. It is just inaccurate and unfair to other citizens which make up a healthy democracy, whose lives also matter. How many whites/Hispanics, unarmed, were killed by police in the most recent statistics as compared to blacks?

As stated before, each time there is a police "killing" of anyone, I would like to know the FACTS of the situation. What did the victim do to cause an officer to fire a weapon for example? Does he or she have a violent criminal record? Was the victim jacked up on drugs? Had the victim recently threatened violence to his/her spouse prior to the police call? Did the victim have a weapon such as a knife, or act like they were carrying a weapon? Was there confusion during the situation? Was it dark? Were the officers told of a crime and were searching for someone who had been identified?

The idea of turning someone automatically into an innocent victim when killed by a police officer is unfair, dangerous and absurd. It incites anarchy, using an anecdotal unfortunate event, to judge others before a fair hearing or trial. Let's hear the truth and not immediately go into the "martyr/victim" default setting with prejudged reporting.

Let's hear it all, all the time, so citizens know and can make logical decisions about whether to protest for an innocent victim or to protest in favor of a police officer who was doing his duty in a dangerous situation and is now under attack.

Wanting all the truth and not just propaganda talking points would serve our country well.

Do black lives matter to blacks? It doesn't seem that way when you take an honest look at black on black murders and crime in our country. Perhaps they need to protest against themselves a bit to be fair.

So it seems...

I am not offended at all. It is just inaccurate and unfair to other citizens which make up a healthy democracy, whose lives also matter. How many whites/Hispanics, unarmed, were killed by police in the most recent statistics as compared to blacks?

As stated before, each time there is a police "killing" of anyone, I would like to know the FACTS of the situation. What did the victim do to cause an officer to fire a weapon for example? Does he or she have a violent criminal record? Was the victim jacked up on drugs? Had the victim recently threatened violence to his/her spouse prior to the police call? Did the victim have a weapon such as a knife, or act like they were carrying a weapon? Was there confusion during the situation? Was it dark? Were the officers told of a crime and were searching for someone who had been identified?

The idea of turning someone automatically into an innocent victim when killed by a police officer is unfair, dangerous and absurd. It incites anarchy, using an anecdotal unfortunate event, to judge others before a fair hearing or trial. Let's hear the truth and not immediately go into the "martyr/victim" default setting with prejudged reporting.

Let's hear it all, all the time, so citizens know and can make logical decisions about whether to protest for an innocent victim or to protest in favor of a police officer who was doing his duty in a dangerous situation and is now under attack.

Wanting all the truth and not just propaganda talking points would serve our country well.

Do black lives matter to blacks? It doesn't seem that way when you take an honest look at black on black murders and crime in our country. Perhaps they need to protest against themselves a bit to be fair.

So it seems...

I wonder how many would be surprised to know that there were 9 unarmed black citizens killed by police in 2019. That is certainly a tragedy. They might also be surprised to know that there were 19 unarmed white citizens killed by police in that same year.

L

So it seems...

It seems you have extremely firm opinions.

I don't think I'm saying, or many would say, that all blacks killed by police were murdered. This is classic whataboutism and serves to obfuscate.

Or so it seems. I get that this whole blm thing bothers you. I choose to be an ally and be actively anti racist. That's not a political statement. I just support justice for this issue.

Of course I would support justice for others too. That's just not the topic at hand.

Whataboutism is a common tactic used to de-legitimize real issues. It's intellectually and rhetorically lazy.

I think we can do better than that.

Have a good night.

L

It seems you have extremely firm opinions.

I don't think I'm saying, or many would say, that all blacks killed by police were murdered. This is classic whataboutism and serves to obfuscate.

Or so it seems. I get that this whole blm thing bothers you. I choose to be an ally and be actively anti racist. That's not a political statement. I just support justice for this issue.

Of course I would support justice for others too. That's just not the topic at hand.

Whataboutism is a common tactic used to de-legitimize real issues. It's intellectually and rhetorically lazy.

I think we can do better than that.

Have a good night.
I think this issue, tragic as it is, isn't reported fairly to the citizens who make up our democracy.

The One Way Think press shares propaganda, often, to support their pre-determined views. This creates a weak, uneducated, and dangerous citizenship. Mob-rule and anarchy are always close neighbors to freedom.

I like to discuss issues and actually enjoy contemplating the views of others when they are different than my own.

Did I say all blacks killed by police were murdered?

In an open democracy, all lives and opinions matter.

More truth, fairness, and openness is the cure to what ails us.

Perhaps it might be best to respect the rights of blacks and all others. Since in a democracy, all are citizens, the same.

Or so it seems...

Making Mike Gundy apologize is a complete blast to the First Amendment.

Then again, so is spray painting F12, F the Police, and ACAB whilst breaking windows and starting buildings on fire and stealing things from within

Rev and I aren't too far apart on this. I'm left of center politically, but I also have deep seated respect for fair coverage of news and events. Maddow is guilty of reporting with an obvious left bias while claiming balance. I don't have a problem with the left-leaning bias. I have a problem with the last part.

Rev, who would you consider Maddow's counterparts on the right?

Does anyone else get annoyed when people learn a new word, then throw it around like crazy to sound clever? Whataboutism is the stupidest word I've ever heard. One person says something questionable. Another person makes a strong point as to why it's questionable. Then the first person just screams whataboutism because they have nothing logical to say back. Logic vs emotion.

I'm a huge believer that all lives matter. It's such whataboutism for people to say black lives matter.

Sometimes cops use excessive force on people. It's such whataboutism to say cops use excessive force on black people.

That's why whataboutism is stupid. Because when two people are arguing two different points, you have to be under the assumption that your point is more important to accuse the other of using whataboutism.

Over a t-shirt Chubba doesn’t agree with. Boo hoo, this is getting ridiculous.

If the kid can't live in a society with differing viewpoints then pull the scholly. Iowa should be doing that too for those that think they are bigger than the program and are dividing the team. You are entitled to your view but if it is counterproductive to the team then see ya. Inciting revolt is yes... counterproductive. You obviously don't appreciate the opportunity you've been given,... Non-racist/bigots would rather watch kids that want to be here than dividers, and the schools should be protecting their programs at this point. If anyone wonders why there was a no twitter policy and why it should be put right back in place. You tweet, you hit the bricks!

Last edited:
And the first amendment rights of Chuba Hubbard? Does he not have the right to hold and express his opinion of Mike Gundy's opinion? Or Mike Gundy himself?

This is two people both exercising their 1st Amentdment rights. The rights of neither man has been infringed upon. We should not celebrate one and denigrate the other. In supporting one, we must support both.

This is the beautiful thing. Gundy is an idiot, but he has a right to wear a shirt in a peaceable way, Chuba has a right to speak out and both men also have to deal with the fallout. That’s called America. You can say whatever you want peacefully, but you have to live with others doing it as well back.

She closely resembles Robin Roberts but probably doesn't have as good a jump shot.

You have to take her with a grain of salt. Shock talk, liberal or conservative, generates ratings. Most adults should be mature enough to make their own minds up and not allow themselves to be Jimmy Jonesed by any talk show host.

As for Gundy, he also stepped in it a few weeks back when Covid was at its peak and talk was beginning to circulate about how to conduct summer workouts and the possibility of no college football season. He's also had some embarrassing moments in postgame pressers. Perhaps all those hits he took from Brian Bosworth in college are starting to affect his judgement.

Is Gundy the most tenured, at one place, division 1 football coach after Kirk? He has to be up there.

Last edited:
Let's be honest:

Mike Gundy was just given a vasectomy on social media and on live TV.

Once he cowered, he lost his balls forever.

But these kids can go around Iowa City painting ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards), F 12 (F the Police), F^%$ the Police, and UI = KKK on everything and receive no punishment.

The iron is hot and the libs are striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts