Mike Gundy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel I did anything wrong. You do. I'm not going to waste our time trying to convince you otherwise.

Good luck with your White Lives Matter crusade. The mistreatment of the race has to stop.
“White lives matter” wasn’t brought up til you said it, just saying.

Tell me, Mr. Learned Hand, does one have to end up in prison to have his/her First Amendment rights violated?
No, and you already knew that. But it can many countries and we shouldn't toss the "freedom of speech" term around so cavalierly. Mike Gundy has a right to wear that t-shirt. And Hubbard has a right to disagree with him wearing that t-shirt. Both have expressed their opinions and there are no freedom of speech violations, on either side.

I'm off this site, way to much crap going on here.....very, very toxic here as of now ( maybe be back come football season....we'll see.) As of right now, this site is as bad as Twitter, thank God I don't do Twitter anymore. Have a good summer boys and girls (if there are any girls on this site.)

No, and you already knew that. But it can many countries and we shouldn't toss the "freedom of speech" term around so cavalierly.
I thought that you were being cavalier by insinuating Mr. Gundy would have to go to prison for there to be a First Amendment violation. The players are clearly using their power to set up a heckler's veto. It is an interesting gambit, one that is going to put the school in an untenable position.

I thought that you were being cavalier by insinuating Mr. Gundy would have to go to prison for there to be a First Amendment violation. The players are clearly using their power to set up a heckler's veto. It is an interesting gambit, one that is going to put the school in an untenable position.
I see the term tossed around on this board, and in other places, frequently and it is rarely true. There are more people that don't understand the meaning of it than do, unfortunately.

of course he can wear it.. it's not illegal... but that is the way that free speech works.

You are going to have to accept the consequences of what philosophy you express.. no matter what it may be.

I'm off this site, way to much crap going on here.....very, very toxic here as of now ( maybe be back come football season....we'll see.) As of right now, this site is as bad as Twitter, thank God I don't do Twitter anymore. Have a good summer boys and girls (if there are any girls on this site.)

Yup Pretty much!

OAN is a problem but on the Black Lives Matter website, they call for the end of the nuclear family, ridding the country of "white supremacy" (whatever that means), and de-funding the police-a completely insane position- and those things are OK?

I call BS. Disrupt is not destroy. Read everything in context. You also seem to lump together say Black Lives Matter with the BLM organization. Here is what they say:

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

"we want to express ourselves and be ourselves"
But you can't.
"We want to kneel for the flag and anthem"
But you can't support whatever flag you want.
"Don't judge us by our skin color"
You bunch of white privileged racist.

That about sum things up?

OAN can broadcast for a 100 years, 24/7 and never be as biased and crazy as Rachel Madow is. Yet she is an "amazing" American broadcaster?

She certainly is a highly intelligent professional. But of course, since you disagree with her views, she is now “biased” and “crazy.” Just so you will understand my context, I have followed politics off and on since Eisenhower was president. I did not hear the term “fake news” until 3+ years ago.

Yeah, OK Rob. Just know that you were complicit in getting a man fired (Doyle) and really hampering if not ruining everything a kid worked for (Doyle) all because of twitter allegations without giving these guys their due process. You know that the power of the media is enough to ruin people's lives, yet, you want to stand back and use the whole "I am just a journalist doing my job" as an excuse for your recklessness. Your DJK story is truly criminal for a supposed un-biased journalist to do. And this post with Gundy, are you proud of that?

So why dont you look in the mirror and see that your liberal bias is making you a hypocrit by doing the very things that you say you are against and come back to me and tell me I am the one that needs the help. Or atleast call DJK first and ask him what you should do, you obviously listen to him.

You screwed up your post when you went down the “liberal bias” route. Any time a right leaning person gets upset, the first words out of his/her mouth are “liberal bias”. The second response is “Oh. So now you are going to play the race card.” In a word, “Yawn.”

He told me I needed help. Seems like he attacked me, and now alluded to me being a racist with his "White Lives Matter" comment. I particularly think All Lives Matter, but apparently that is racist too. But hey, its his board and he can run it how he wants. Something I no longer want to be a part of. I'm out.

Dirt, you are a good guy. Nobody, nobody, does not believe that all lives matter, including our black brothers and sisters. Black lives matter brings to our attention something unique that infests our society...that would be embedded racism. Come on. This is not that complicated.

It's up to a university to offer to who they want to offer to correct? The assumption is that every program wants to win. I think some of these instances will lead to coaches recruiting athletes with character that fits their program and goals. With 100+ D1 programs out there, smart coaches aren't going to mortgage their futures for kids that might not fit in and then trash a program on the way out. Id take 8 wins and a secure job over 9 wins and worrying about my reputation after this. Maybe? Every coach is going to have to think hard about who they offer now. Character is going to matter even more to some coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts