Mike Gesell is the problem

ibahawkeye

Let me break it down for you... He sucks.

Do you know how many PGs would love to have Woody setting picks for them... Mike can't shoot or finish at the rim.

Dont let the assist to turnover ratio fool you... I promise you I can pass to Uthoff and Jok and let them shoot 3s and make stats look good.

To be honest the guard play had me concerned last year but I didn't fathom that Jok or Uthoff would be at the level they are at as they have improved their game. Woody had improved as well but we have two guys that are offensively challenged.

To be honest, Uhl, Clemmons, and Baer have both shot better than they truly are in the first part of the season and now we see that.

Let me break it down for you... He sucks.

Do you know how many PGs would love to have Woody setting picks for them... Mike can't shoot or finish at the rim.

Dont let the assist to turnover ratio fool you... I promise you I can pass to Uthoff and Jok and let them shoot 3s and make stats look good.

To be honest the guard play had me concerned last year but I didn't fathom that Jok or Uthoff would be at the level they are at as they have improved their game. Woody had improved as well but we have two guys that are offensively challenged.

To be honest, Uhl, Clemmons, and Baer have both shot better than they truly are in the first part of the season and now we see that.

Yes he is. Has become an offensive and defensive liability. He sags too deep in the zone and can't recover on shooters. Offensively he is just plain bad. Has lost all confidence.

Time to play Williams and Fleming..... Gesell minutes should dwindle and Ellingson should not see the floor.

Time to play Williams and Fleming..... Gesell minutes should dwindle and Ellingson should not see the floor.

Maybe this is the bigger problem... This is NOT the answer. We have no better option. And maybe if that is the case I should just be happy because the truth is we outplayed our talent level.

Its really not his fault. He should not be in the position he's currently in. He should be a backup PG getting spot duty but instead he's a starter thats logging heavy minutes. The blame goes to the man who hasn't found someone more qualified to start on a B1G roster.

I thought Fran, the lineups, the refs, Carver, the weak crowd, Ellingson was the problem.

Remember when Woody was the problem?

The only problem is this team played so well in the middle stretch of the season, they elevated expectations too high.

Is the team playing well? No.

But this is not all on Gesell. Jesuss.

Not saying he is a bad player, but for Iowa to be good, he has to be a lot better on both ends and the free throw line.

Its really not his fault. He should not be in the position he's currently in. He should be a backup PG getting spot duty but instead he's a starter thats logging heavy minutes. The blame goes to the man who hasn't found someone more qualified to start on a B1G roster.

The got one Clemmons should be the point.... my starting 5 would be Clemmons
Jok
Baer
Utoff
Woody

Off the bench
Gesell
Wagner
Uhl

Turnovers, a horrible bench, and crappy shooting cost us this game. Blaming Gesell is stupid.

2-9 shooting and 4 points in what 30 minutes??? 4 points from the bench deserves blame to but they aren't 4 year starters playing 3/4 a game either.

Gesell had three assists and four steals, pretty good stats as far as they go. He is not the problem but maybe not the solution at crunch time, either. Would be nice if he could he a few more shots, for sure. Equally concerning is the fact that bench play has nearly disappeared of late but not for lack of effort. In fact, the overall team effort tonight was excellent. They played hard, just not well when it really mattered. Wisconsin looked really strong team, very well coached, and way better than MSU looked earlier in the season. Who wouldda thought?

I thought Fran, the lineups, the refs, Carver, the weak crowd, Ellingson was the problem.

Remember when Woody was the problem?

The only problem is this team played so well in the middle stretch of the season, they elevated expectations too high.

Is the team playing well? No.

But this is not all on Gesell. Jesuss.

You lost me at weak crowd... Get the **** outta here.