Mike Daniels must be a badass...

USBHawk

Clayborn and Klug both said in their recent interviews that he's the one they would want in a dark alley with them.

He is a big reason for all the optimism this year. Being able to go 5 deep on the D-Line with all players having all B10 type skill and athleticism is going to be a huge asset. I still remember the 2004 line wearing down in games. Isn't gonna be an issue with this line.

I thought he did a great job last year when he got in but I also atributed that to him being more rested than the others. It would be so awesome to have the team play great out of the gate and develop team 1B instead of having a 2nd team.

The coaching staff has repeatedly commented that Daniels is basically the 3rd starting DT. His role could be huge this year, along w/ Daniel. Keeping the front 4 fresh, in particular early in the season (read AZ), will be invaluable.

I thought he did a great job last year when he got in but I also atributed that to him being more rested than the others. It would be so awesome to have the team play great out of the gate and develop team 1B instead of having a 2nd team.

Way too many close games last year. I hope that 2nd and 3rd string guys are able to get at least a good 1-2 quarters in against E. ILL and Ball St. to get them ready to go for big10 play.

Watched the Michigan St. game on the big ten network over the weekend. Klug and Daniels were huge on a goaline stand in the 2nd quarter, maybe it was the 3rd quarter, whatever.....it was one of several moment swings in that game.

We are talking about Daniels #58?

Norm said this year at an I-Club function I was at that "I am not so sure Klug couldn't whip all their *****."

Watched the Michigan St. game on the big ten network over the weekend. Klug and Daniels were huge on a goaline stand in the 2nd quarter, maybe it was the 3rd quarter, whatever.....it was one of several moment swings in that game.

We are talking about Daniels #58?

Mike Daniels is #93, LeBron Daniel is #58.

He is a big reason for all the optimism this year. Being able to go 5 deep on the D-Line with all players having all B10 type skill and athleticism is going to be a huge asset. I still remember the 2004 line wearing down in games. Isn't gonna be an issue with this line.
This, cant forget Lebron Daniel either, rotating in 6 guys on the DL is huge. Take a look at the Giants when they won the superbowl. If Lebron Daniel is Iowa's 6th best DL i think the hawks are good shape, not saying Lebron is All B10 but he has B10 talent and i bet he could be in the starting lineup on alot of B10 teams not named Iowa or OSU.

Latest posts