Mika'il McCall felt Iowa handed him everything

Hawkeye27

On Facebook, Mika'il McCall added new photos of his physique as he has gained more muscle this off season from working out. There were the usual comments about his body like "wow" but there were a couple other comments.

One user wrote- "Could have done the same at Iowa. Not hating just saying. Good luck man."

Mika'il responded- "Honestly i don't think so becuase I lost my work ethic when i came to iowa. I got it back here because everything isn't handed to me."

Interesting comment. It appears he is saying that at Iowa he didn't really have to work for anything, perhaps because he was promised something or guaranteed something on a silver platter?

I don't know for sure, but interesting nonetheless. What do ya'll make of it? Just a comment to prove loyalty to his new school, or something more?

For discussion sake I would argue that McCall is / was a great talent at a position of need.

Perhaps that seemed to lead to an easy road, however the numerous " under the radar guys and walk ons that have worked their way to success here, would seem to discredit the Notion that Iowa is a place that just hands players time on the field.

For discussion sake I would argue that McCall is / was a great talent at a position of need.

Perhaps that seemed to lead to an easy road, however the numerous " under the radar guys and walk ons that have worked their way to success here, would seem to discredit the Notion that Iowa is a place that just hands players time on the field.

I like that stance and take on things. The walk-ons have a totally different perception of things than those that were highly touted in highschool. I am still curious as to what led to the departure. Rumors don't do it like cold hard facts do.

mccall earned back up time...he wasnt going to overtake coker unless he thoroughly out played him or an injury. then mccall lost his time due to butter fingers and diarrhea of the mouth/typing fingers.

him and hampton were talents at rb that never quite materialized in the way many fans thought they could. would have been fun to watch their combo of speed and power but i am looking forward to barkley hill and damon bullock for the coming season (no slight on deandre johnson as i think he will be a solid #3 & i will add garmon as a possiblity when i am sure he is going to play for iowa).

mccall earned back up time...he wasnt going to overtake coker unless he thoroughly out played him or an injury. then mccall lost his time due to butter fingers and diarrhea of the mouth/typing fingers.

him and hampton were talents at rb that never quite materialized in the way many fans thought they could. would have been fun to watch their combo of speed and power but i am looking forward to barkley hill and damon bullock for the coming season (no slight on deandre johnson as i think he will be a solid #3 & i will add garmon as a possiblity when i am sure he is going to play for iowa).

Him and Hampton both never really finished how we thought they would, same with Wegher. The more I see of Barkley, the more I like. Damon showed some good things too. I also see deandre as a 3 as well. But, when Garmon comes, I expect great things to happen, partly because of all this hype lol, like he has to do something to make us forget.

mccall would have started at Iowa state the next week had he not been injured. ferentz benched coker against Tennessee tech for putting the ball on the ground and mccall came in and really had it going up until he broke his ankle. he wouldve been more than just a backup.

McCall was a much great talent than Coker IMO and if not for that injury I think he would have taken more than half the snaps last year, and Iowa probably gets atleast one more in the W column.

mccall would have started at Iowa state the next week had he not been injured. ferentz benched coker against Tennessee tech for putting the ball on the ground and mccall came in and really had it going up until he broke his ankle. he wouldve been more than just a backup.

Coker would still have started. You know who our coach is right?

Where is McCall now again?

Everything handed to him, because Ferentz is known for giving the world and all of the playing time to freshman.

I agree that is sounds like a case of Jake C. syndrome.

Say that this is true, or partly true. Could it be that Erb is babying them a bit due to attrition, which in the end gives them little accountability which leads to the issues and the attrition. Full circle. Just sayin.

McCall was just trying to get back at the person for their snide comment. I wouldn't give his statement any credence.

Latest posts