Michigan State and Iowa - two best teams in the Big Ten

They can't compete with us inside. Some thought Minnesota could. No one in the conference can match us inside. They haven't seen Iowa's defense either. How many teams get a clean block of a 3 pointer game to game? I feel like we get one almost every game...seems like it anyway. If we're blocking some then we're contesting a lot more.

Stauskas is good and can have his 20. GR3 can have 15. White and Marble can get 35 and it's a wash. Now when looking at the rest of their guys against the rest of our guys...I like our guys a whole lot more.

I really agree with you in all points, but how many times has Iowa went there and lost with the clearly better team. I feel like Michigan was written off and they still have a lot of talent on their roster.

Iowa is different than any other team in the BIG, with all the length and depth, it is a different look than any team has had to deal with. If Iowa plays to their strength, pound the ball and then get some open outside shots all will be good in the end.

I am beginning to warm up to Iowa challenging for the BIG title if they can win these next three.

They can't compete with us inside. Some thought Minnesota could. No one in the conference can match us inside. They haven't seen Iowa's defense either. How many teams get a clean block of a 3 pointer game to game? I feel like we get one almost every game...seems like it anyway. If we're blocking some then we're contesting a lot more.

Stauskas is good and can have his 20. GR3 can have 15. White and Marble can get 35 and it's a wash. Now when looking at the rest of their guys against the rest of our guys...I like our guys a whole lot more.

I disagree here. Dawson and Payne at MSU are just as good or better than everyone we've got in the paint.

If both teams are healthy, MSU is better than Iowa.

I think we might lose at Michigan and will defeat the Spartans at Carver. We have played them well at Carver. Even Lick beat them his first year.....

We also play them well at Lansing, except a couple of years ago when they thuged us because of the 20 point defeat at Carver Fran's first year. As mentioned before, a MSU player, after the game sat with his head in his hands saying: We lost to IOWA, man.....

A victory at Michigan is possible. We also play them well and perhaps they will also be too full of confidence although it is at Michigan.....

:cool:

How is Payne's foot or whatever is ailing him? I guess I could use the google but thumbs down

I disagree here. Dawson and Payne at MSU are just as good or better than everyone we've got in the paint.

I like that you are trying to "have perspective" and all but this is pretty lol.

There is no team in the big ten with our size and depth down low.

Dawson has been great this year but the dude is 9 pt 5 reb a game guy for his career.

No way... they might be better because of the speed in their back court maybe

I like that you are trying to "have perspective" and all but this is pretty lol.

Dawson has been great this year but the dude is 9 pt 5 reb a game guy for his career.

Pretty sure Dawson chose the wrong sport. #JuliusThomas.

If you need any assistance, I will bring my sledgehammer over to lend a hand.....

Lol, and I'll bring over a five gallon can of gasoline. We can burn your house down. What am I talking about there is no way we are going to lose to Northwestern........but just in case do you have matches?

I guess I'm more concerned with the fact that he's averaging 10 and 9 this year and shooting 60%. Payne is averaging 16 and 8. We've got depth, but Woody, Basabe and Gabe are combining to average 20 and 16. MSU can match up with us inside, to think they can't is pretty ridiculous.

Lol, and I'll bring over a five gallon can of gasoline. We can burn your house down. What am I talking about there is no way we are going to lose to Northwestern........but just in case do you have matches?

My daughter, Kate, gave me a Rolling Stones Zippo for Christmas even though I don't smoke cigarettes.....

I guess I'm more concerned with the fact that he's averaging 10 and 9 this year and shooting 60%. Payne is averaging 16 and 8. We've got depth, but Woody, Basabe and Gabe are combining to average 20 and 16. MSU can match up with us inside, to think they can't is pretty ridiculous.

okay so they match up with those two.... but we also have White, McCabe, Uthoff, Woodbury who can all bang down low.

okay so they match up with those two.... but we also have White, McCabe, Uthoff, Woodbury who can all bang down low.

All of those guys spend way more time on the perimeter as 3's than they do in the paint.

Until proven otherwise, MSU is the best team in the B1G. Few teams in the country have the kind of firepower they do.

All of those guys spend way more time on the perimeter as 3's than they do in the paint.

Until proven otherwise, MSU is the best team in the B1G. Few teams in the country have the kind of firepower they do.

Challenge Accepted

I dont think theyve proven that with the lazy crapball they have played so far. They have given almost everyone they have played a chance to beat them.

So either they are lazy or they are not as good as most thought.

uhhh say what? White avgs 6.6 rb per game and uthoff avg 6....

Hawkeyes #3 rebounding team in the country MSU is #21

Now im not even saying I'm so certain we are better I'm just saying we have the advantage on the inside.

Every single statistical category backs that up ....

uhhh say what? White avgs 6.6 rb per game and uthoff avg 6....

Hawkeyes #3 rebounding team in the country MSU is #21

Now im not even saying I'm so certain we are better I'm just saying we have the advantage on the inside.

Every single statistical category backs that up ....

MSU averages just over 40 rebounds per game and rank in the top 20 nationally. And that's with Payne's injury to consider. MSU averages 5.2 blocks per game, Iowa averages 5.3. Haven't been able to find a site with updated stats, but MSU was second in the conference in paint points going into the OSU game (OSU was first). Any edge that Iowa has inside is negligible, at best.

MSU is damn good inside when they're healthy.

Last edited:

Until proven otherwise, MSU is the best team in the B1G. Few teams in t country have the kind of firepower they do.[/QOTE]

I don't see why MSU should be handed the title of best team in the conference. MSU's best MIGHT be better than Iowa's best but Iowa's average and worst is better than MSU's average and worst. Iowa just has to many options to play really bad for extended periods of time.

Our fan base is out of control...I would hate to see how we act if we actually did win a championship...reading a lot of this stuff...you would think these Hawks are the reincarnation of the Fab Five or Wooden's Bruins.

Until proven otherwise, MSU is the best team in the B1G. Few teams in t country have the kind of firepower they do.[/QOTE]

I don't see why MSU should be handed the title of best team in the conference. MSU's best MIGHT be better than Iowa's best but Iowa's average and worst is better than MSU's average and worst. Iowa just has to many options to play really bad for extended periods of time.

I think it's more off of their talent ceiling and the fact they haven't lost yet in conference.

I really agree with you in all points, but how many times has Iowa went there and lost with the clearly better team. I feel like Michigan was written off and they still have a lot of talent on their roster.

Iowa is different than any other team in the BIG, with all the length and depth, it is a different look than any team has had to deal with. If Iowa plays to their strength, pound the ball and then get some open outside shots all will be good in the end.

I am beginning to warm up to Iowa challenging for the BIG title if they can win these next three.

We haven't had success at Michigan but this is a strange year. Northwestern doesn't win at Indiana. Crean had lost 12 straight to Ryan...beats him and then loses to Northwestern. Wisconsin rarely loses at home and Michigan usually struggles on the road. So of course Michigan wins at Wisconsin. We've played well at Wisconsin and did again this year...unfortunate loss. We don't win at Ohio State. We did.

Our history at Michigan, Illinois, etc. doesn't apply this year IMO. This season clearly is not going according to past history. And Iowa is 1 of the 2 best teams in the conference IMO.

Our fan base is out of control...I would hate to see how we act if we actually did win a championship...reading a lot of this stuff...you would think these Hawks are the reincarnation of the Fab Five or Wooden's Bruins.

The fab 5 didn't win a championship so why would we compare ourselves to those losers?

Latest posts