Michigan State and Iowa - two best teams in the Big Ten

I'm more worried about Michigan right now than I am Michigan State. They have been playing like a completely different team since GRIII came back.

Northwestern SHOULD not pose problems unless we get sucked into playing their garbage style game.

I would give a healthy MSU the slight edge but I think we are better than wiscy and OSU.

We'll find out soon if we are better than mich.

We are heading to the game in Ann Arbor Wednesday as we live about an hour or so away. I am excited I am taking my daughters. They haven't been to a big time, loud, high pressure game before. Win at home you are top 25. Win on the road you are top ten! I really look forward to see the links on here for national attention and tweets.

I'm more worried about Michigan right now than I am Michigan State. They have been playing like a completely different team since GRIII came back.

Michigan would scare me to death...if they could skip their February schedule. The can't skip February and thus they don't scare me just yet...but they are getting closer. Get the win Wednesday and this will be less of a concern for everyone.

If we go 1-2 the next 3 games don't freak out, very possible but doesn't mean we're any less good. Tough stretch in a tough conference.

I will be at the game Wednesday as well, it is a game that quite frankly scares me. People have written Michigan off because they don't have McGary, well, Stauskas is possibly the best player in the BIG right now and GR3 has been playing more assertive since his ankle injury. LaVert just keeps shooting and is playing more under control.

The biggest reason they are still undefeated is that Morgan/Horford have been playing like upperclassmen are supposed too and averaging right around a double-double.

Michigan doesn't foul and they are still super athletic, a combination that frightens me.

I will be at the game Wednesday as well, it is a game that quite frankly scares me. People have written Michigan off because they don't have McGary, well, Stauskas is possibly the best player in the BIG right now and GR3 has been playing more assertive since his ankle injury. LaVert just keeps shooting and is playing more under control.

The biggest reason they are still undefeated is that Morgan/Horford have been playing like upperclassmen are supposed too and averaging right around a double-double.

Michigan doesn't foul and they are still super athletic, a combination that frightens me.

They can't compete with us inside. Some thought Minnesota could. No one in the conference can match us inside. They haven't seen Iowa's defense either. How many teams get a clean block of a 3 pointer game to game? I feel like we get one almost every game...seems like it anyway. If we're blocking some then we're contesting a lot more.

Stauskas is good and can have his 20. GR3 can have 15. White and Marble can get 35 and it's a wash. Now when looking at the rest of their guys against the rest of our guys...I like our guys a whole lot more.

Agreed ain't scared of Mich. Not scared of anyone left on our schedule. Isn't it exciting to know that the Hawks will either win handly, win close, or be in EVERY SINGLE game remaining on the schedule? That is what it is all about.

I think we might lose at Michigan and will defeat the Spartans at Carver. We have played them well at Carver. Even Lick beat them his first year.....

We also play them well at Lansing, except a couple of years ago when they thuged us because of the 20 point defeat at Carver Fran's first year. As mentioned before, a MSU player, after the game sat with his head in his hands saying: We lost to IOWA, man.....

A victory at Michigan is possible. We also play them well and perhaps they will also be too full of confidence although it is at Michigan.....

:cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts