Michigan Players bring Guns to coaches house for dinner?

No one would care and I highly doubt there would be a 3 page thread about it.

Right, no one would care if Ricky Stanzi were toting a gun around and leaving it in plain sight during a team dinner that is on camera. I doubt that. I'm sure the stereotype comes into play to a degree, but let's not pretend that college athletes having guns at team functions would be no big deal at all if the player were white.

They arent real guns, you can tell they are plastic.[/QUOTE

because you can totally feel them, right?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

are there a lots of see through real guns out there? at 1:07 you can see the orange tip on the silver one too.

They are airsoft pellet guns, they shoot soft plastic bb's at about 170fps. which will not even pop a balloon.

why would anyone assume they brought them there, oh yea hmm its a black coach so of course he would let his black players bring guns to his house...didnt you ever go to b-day party and the host set up games? What if before dinner the coach set up a friendly game?would it offend you less if it was darts sitting there? would you say the player brought the darts?

FYI airsofts are far safer than darts,plastic or metal tipped.

good thing it didn't show anyone tweeting that would probably **** some of you off too.

and FYI they coach has been there over 20 years

this thread is reeks of racism.

Last edited:
are there a lots of see through real guns out there? at 1:07 you can see the orange tip on the silver one too.

They are airsoft pellet guns, they shoot soft plastic bb's at about 170fps. which will not even pop a balloon.

why would anyone assume they brought them there, oh yea hmm its a black coach so of course he would let his black players bring guns to his house...didnt you ever go to b-day party and the host set up games? What if before dinner the coach set up a friendly game?would it offend you less if it was darts sitting there? would you say the player brought the darts?

good thing it didn't show anyone tweeting that would probably **** some of you off too.

The orange tips are certainly not easy to spot. I'm not saying that air soft guns are offensive. It's just that I wouldn't figure that a university like Michigan would want anything that could be mistaken for real guns to be seen on camera in a player's possession during a team meating.

the guns are symbolism for all the fire power they bring to the table as a unit......yeah,...ok, maybe not

Many of you are citing the 2nd amendment as a reason that they should be able to have a gun if they are real. I strongly believe in this amendment, but the fact still remains that it is illegal to carry a gun on a college campus. If they are real, and we do not know for sure that they are or are not, and were brought by a player I guarantee that the same player/players is carrying them on the Michigan campus.

I hate to do it, but i'm gonna kill this thread and break out the race card. The only reason people are complaining is because its a table full of black people with some fake guns. I guarantee if it was a table full of white people with a paint ball gun laying there, no one would care.

First of all, I reject your premise. If this pic was of Riley Reiff or Brandon Wegher, I'd be pist.

Secondly, a paintball gun is clearly something used for a game. These guns look like actual firearms.

Thirdly, if you wanna play the race game...and that's dangerous...especially when it show things we're not supposed to talk about... look at the kids who've been in serious trouble with D1 football programs recently...violent crimes, discipline problems, watch the replays of the games where the nasty fights breakout, and the stupid pregame brawls at the 50 yd line. Don't judge or draw any conclusions...just observe. Then tell me what you've seen.

Last edited:
Not sure that we should be having this discussion. . .

21kgohs.jpg

Pretty sure the 2nd amendment gives us the right to bear arms, not sure why they would be offensive unless you are one of those nambie pambies that are scared of them. Not trying to get political but there shouldnt be any reason they are offensive.

Not gonna argue there are a ton of ways to use this to poke fun at the players and university. But it certainly shouldnt be offensive.

Wow - this response is BEYOND stupid. Why do you have to be a "nambie pambie" to be offended by a friggin' college student athlete having a pair of guns on a counter top? Hand guns are made to do one thing - kill people. Sorry... you are an ignoramus.

Wow - this response is BEYOND stupid. Why do you have to be a "nambie pambie" to be offended by a friggin' college student athlete having a pair of guns on a counter top? Hand guns are made to do one thing - kill people. Sorry... you are an ignoramus.

Actually, the part in bold is the stupid response.

you are being offended by something that isn't there. they are toy guns, or do really think the coach would be ok with his players bringing guns to his house?

You choose to ignore the idea that they may have had a game of targets made up for them, using the game to bond and be a closer unit.

While I do not know that is the case(but my reasoning is better than yours), you do not know that the students brought the guns, and it is pretty clear they are toy guns(as pointed out).

Many of you are citing the 2nd amendment as a reason that they should be able to have a gun if they are real. I strongly believe in this amendment, but the fact still remains that it is illegal to carry a gun on a college campus. If they are real, and we do not know for sure that they are or are not, and were brought by a player I guarantee that the same player/players is carrying them on the Michigan campus.

they are not real, stop by the sports isle at walmart and you can see them for about $20. one is clear palstic, the other (@ 1:07) has the orange tip. Why do you think a player brought them? there is no indication either way, you turn it in to they might be carrying guns at UofM. shows your frame of mind.

this coach has been there over 20 years, that is all the way back to the Bo era. Do you think he would really let kids bring guns to his house?

you are being offended by something that isn't there. they are toy guns, or do really think the coach would be ok with his players bringing guns to his house?

You choose to ignore the idea that they may have had a game of targets made up for them, using the game to bond and be a closer unit.

While I do not know that is the case(but my reasoning is better than yours), you do not know that the students brought the guns, and it is pretty clear they are toy guns(as pointed out).

That may very well be the case. But it is NOT obvious by looking at the photo. When in doubt, err on the side of caution...particularly with something like this.

It was likely what you describe, a bunch of guys with squirt guns messing around and having fun. But the photo leaves way too much open to question. And you don't take that kind of chance when you're a "public figure". In this era of YouTube, instant web exposure, etc. that should be pretty obvious. (but so is practicing within the prescribed limits)

This is.... dumb. The color of the players is not an issue. The color of the coaches is not an issue. Whether or not the guns are real is not an issue (at a glance they look real).

The issue is this is a video designed to promote the football team and the university, and there is absolutely ZERO place for anything resembling a fire arm within it. I'd take it a step farther and say there is absolutely ZERO place for ANY coach or university official that interacts with college football players directly to introduce firearms into that situation. None at all.

Furthermore I can tell you, as a gun owner, that firearms have no place in a setting like that. Loaded or unloaded, pointed at a wall or at a person you really don't like, none of that matters. Firearms are tools designed for multiple purposes, but when they are not in use they should be properly stored or secured, not lying about on a table with people milling around.

This isn't a race issue, and it's not a political one. It's a common sense issue.

+1. Stupid!

Exactly! This is not something you want people to see, especially parents of kids thinking of going to Michigan. Michigan is already in hot water with the Rich Rod scandal so it definately doesn't help to have guns in a video.

Even more surprising, did you see the fish bowl full of condems on the end of the bar, I think at the 2:30 - 2:40 mark!

Tacky!

That may very well be the case. But it is NOT obvious by looking at the photo. When in doubt, err on the side of caution...particularly with something like this.

It was likely what you describe, a bunch of guys with squirt guns messing around and having fun. But the photo leaves way too much open to question. And you don't take that kind of chance when you're a "public figure". In this era of YouTube, instant web exposure, etc. that should be pretty obvious. (but so is practicing within the prescribed limits)

I do agree the video is in poor taste and that part should have been edited.

the screen shot does make it look bad,but there is a full video of it and you can watch the full clip, see there are 2 guns there, 1 is clear and the other has an orange tip.

to say they are real guns and that a player brought them, then to take it to that they might be carring guns on campus is a knee jerk reaction.

Latest posts