Michigan Players bring Guns to coaches house for dinner?

Fred Jackson is one of if not the most respected individual position coach in college football. He's a great guy and if you listen towards the end he even mentions his friend Erik Campbell (Iowa's receiving coach). He's been with the Michigan program way longer than RichRod so the current head coach's reputation shouldn't have anything to do with this.

I agree with ya billdozer and Norm, those are squirt guns. If they aren't squirt guns then they are probably Fred's own personal guns and he was showing them off (right or wrong, grown men like to compare guns haha). To think he would knowingly allow one of his players to carry a gun on them let alone into his own house is a pretty ridiculous assumption. Should the people who created the video have noticed it and edited it out?? Obviously they should have thought about that but I think you're taking things a little far here.

This is beyond rediculous. Even if you buy the argument that you are safer in public carrying a gun (which I don't) there is certainly no need to carry one to a coaches dinner.

This isn't a political issue. This is part of the Universities public relations arm, and you just can't have guns involved in something like this. It's beyone inappropriate.

Well now we have a Front Sight Fire Arms training add in the top left corner. You better find another message board.

That type of ad has no place on a college message board. How could Jon be so irresponsible?

The University is in now way shapre or form affiliated with this message board. Thats a huge distinction.

Fred Jackson is one of if not the most respected individual position coach in college football. He's a great guy and if you listen towards the end he even mentions his friend Erik Campbell (Iowa's receiving coach). He's been with the Michigan program way longer than RichRod so the current head coach's reputation shouldn't have anything to do with this.

I got a kick out of the fact Soup keeps telling him his freshman son (WR) should be playing at Iowa :)

Imagine if a bible was out on the table. That would be disgusting as well.

the Shooter's Bible?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Shooters-Bible-Bestselling-Firearms-Reference/dp/1602398011]Amazon.com: Shooter's Bible: The World's Bestselling Firearms Reference (9781602398016): Jay…[/ame]

I'm not nambie pambie. I own multiple fire arms. I have no problem with players or coaches owning them. I'm saying they have ZERO place in any type of player/coach interaction, or in anything public regarding the university. It's not offensive, it's absolutely appalling.

Please tell me you dont got your panties in a bunch over a couple of fake cap/squirt guns. As far as i can see they are not pointed at anyone or used in a dangerous way. So whats the problem?

Please tell me you dont got your panties in a bunch over a couple of fake cap/squirt guns. As far as i can see they are not pointed at anyone or used in a dangerous way. So whats the problem?

It's just that most people probably would have to look fairly closely to see that the guns aren't real. That's just a really stupid image to promote (or a gross oversight on the part of the reporter/cameraman) for a university athletic team. A lot of the people who see that are probably going to think they're real, and aren't going to look closely enough to tell the difference. That just doesn't promote a good image for the university.

not a smart move, but then again its not like the players were flashing gang signs and $20 bills.

not a smart move, but then again its not like the players were flashing gang signs and $20 bills.

The difference is that this was more of an organized team activity, with their position coach present. What players do on their own time, and how they want to represent themselves, is one thing. But at a position meeting/dinner/whatever, with a coach present, it promotes the image that the coaches and university are okay with that kind of thing.

I hate to do it, but i'm gonna kill this thread and break out the race card. The only reason people are complaining is because its a table full of black people with some fake guns. I guarantee if it was a table full of white people with a paint ball gun laying there, no one would care.

I hate to do it, but i'm gonna kill this thread and break out the race card. The only reason people are complaining is because its a table full of black people with some fake guns. I guarantee if it was a table full of white people with a paint ball gun laying there, no one would care.

That may very well be but then there aren't that many white kids buying into the gangsta mentality.

If the paintball gun doesn't look like a real gun, nobody would care. But having paintball/BB/airsoft/water guns that LOOK like real guns on camera during a team meating is not going to look good, black or white.

That may very well be but then there aren't that many white kids buying into the gangsta mentality.

Have you opened your eyes recently???:eek:

Take a trip to Jordan Creek Mall on a Friday night around 8:00ish and get back to me on that one.

:rolleyes:

If the paintball gun doesn't look like a real gun, nobody would care. But having paintball/BB/airsoft/water guns that LOOK like real guns on camera during a team meating is not going to look good, black or white.

No one would care and I highly doubt there would be a 3 page thread about it.

Latest posts