Miami

In case you haven't had enough of this investigation already, here is another fun link. Yahoo has detailed allegations against every player and former player implicated. They show all the evidence they have against each player (photographs, PDFs of phone records and bank statements, audio files). Its ridiculously incriminating.

Here's a link to the record for Devin Hester. On the right hand side of the page, there are links to the rest of the players, coaches, and staff members.

Allegations: Devin Hester - Investigations - Yahoo! Sports

Here is what I can't figure out as an adult.

Why the **** would I want to hang out and party with a bunch of college dudes?

This guy is beyond pathetic, to the point where I almost feel sorry for him.

I thought the same thing. It's kind of funny the guy spilled the beans because he was butthurt that the players he bribed into playing at Miami didn't actually care about him or consider him a friend. This guy is a grade A ******. He seemed to think he was pretty hot shat while breaking all the rules, and he probaly was to some degree. This kind of reminds me of The Great Gatsby.

SappPlaymakerUmad.gif

Much of this happened under Randy Shannon's watch. Say what you will about him as a coach, but I don't think anyone has ever questioned his integrity. He had the 3rd highest graduation rate among FBS schools, trailing only Army and Navy. He also had only one player arrested during his 4 year tenure (a player that later transferred). The University of Florida has 31 players arrested over the same time span.

What I am saying is this: if Randy Shannon can't keep the third-party runners out of his program, God help the rest of college football.

No, I saw the list of players that allegedly took money and a lot of those guys played under Coker and few under Davis.

If Miami doesn't get the death penalty, then no one ever will, and everybody might as well cheat as much and as often as they want. NCAA enforcement is completely nutless.

Its kinda looking like the NCAA plans to set this precedent with o$u. Letting Miami off the hook will only serve to drive home the point that if you are a national brand in college football then you can cheat as much as you want and only risk minor penalties.

No, I saw the list of players that allegedly took money and a lot of those guys played under Coker and few under Davis.

Larry Coker has to be one of the worst coaches in D-1 history. He took over an absolutely stacked program and lost control of everything. It's not surprising that this all started during his first year on the job.

Its kinda looking like the NCAA plans to set this precedent with o$u. Letting Miami off the hook will only serve to drive home the point that if you are a national brand in college football then you can cheat as much as you want and only risk minor penalties.

1. If even 75% of the accusations at Miami are true, they absolutely desserve the death penaly.

2. Would I be way out of line by suggesting that the NCAA knew what was going to go down at Miami and that is why it seems the NCAA threat to OSU isn't as harsh as it could have been?

1. If even 75% of the accusations at Miami are true, they absolutely desserve the death penaly.
Agreed
2. Would I be way out of line by suggesting that the NCAA knew what was going to go down at Miami and that is why it seems the NCAA threat to OSU isn't as harsh as it could have been?
I don't know if the NCAA knew what was/is going on there but let's be honest - does this surprise anyone?

Latest posts